Chapter Fourteen: More Surprises

Dedicated to:
im_ur_biggestfan

~*~*~*~*~

The sound of her alarm clock ringing. Water droplets softly hitting her skin. The rosy fragrance of her soap. Bubbles popping about. The relaxing ambiance of the cafe. The pleasant smell of freshly-brewed coffee. The gentle clacks of her boots. Her tied, brown locks swaying. Warm and genuine smiles of people she knew.

That used to be how her morning breakfast went. And now, everything changed.

As Koeun quietly ate her breakfast from the plate, Renjun and Jaemin tried to talk to her to keep the communication they had started the day before. They kept bringing out topics that would keep her interested but the girl only replied to them whenever she felt like she needed and wanted to.

Another thing that was holding her back was the presence of another person in the kitchen who was also eating his bowl of cereal quietly in the corner. Koeun kept throwing glances at him whenever Renjun and Jaemin felt more immersed in the topic they were talking about.

Haechan. Supposed to be X-Force's leader. New information: has light brown hair, tan skin, and has an attitude.

"—I'm done." She spoke towards the two after a while, slightly pushing her plate towards Jaemin who was at the other side of the counter.

The boys quickly stopped talking when they heard her. With his mouth still gaping after he was interrupted, Renjun was the first one to recover. "Okay." Then he gave Jaemin an order. "Tell Mark we're about to head towards the car."

Jaemin nodded at him once before his hand reached to touch his earpiece he was currently wearing. "Mark, she's done..."

"Come on. We're going now." Renjun told Koeun, who lightly nodded at him as an answer.

The both of them stood up from their seats to leave while Jaemin placed her plate on the sink. Coincidentally, an empty bowl was placed on it as well. Jaemin looked up to see Haechan about to walk away.

Sensing the cold aura from him, Jaemin asked him before he could step out of the room. "You okay, Haechan?"

Haechan stopped in his tracks to turn his head at the other. "What do you think?" Was his response before he proceeded to walk, leaving Jaemin behind.

It didn't take that long for Koeun and Renjun to arrive by the living area, and just in time, they met Mark along the way, who emerged from the other hallway. Koeun's eyes already fixed themselves on him, slowly narrowing the more she looked at him.

"That took too long." He commented once he joined the two on their walk towards the door. "Did she also eat the plate?"

Koeun frowned at this, feeling her anger slowly boiling inside her. He really won't stop, will he?

Chuckling, Renjun replied to him. "Don't be like that, Mark." Then, he whispered. "Teasing her won't make our situation better."

"Where are you going?"

Just before they could reach the doors, which were already opened by Jeno, they abruptly stopped and turned their heads towards the direction of the person. And when they saw who it was, Mark had a feeling it wouldn't turn out good.

Haechan was up to no good these days.

"We're heading out to buy her a few clothes." Renjun replied to him.

Hearing this, Haechan looked at them in disbelief. "You're already wasting money for her?" It was sudden for him. "Is she some kind of VIP in this house?"