Chapter Thirty-three: Revelation

And here we go.

Dedicated to:
thedelicateswan Chiyofuko
nctech luminous_zen
DONGHYUQUE MIILKJAEM
adoreneo

~*~*~*~*~

"My real name is Lee Minhyung, and I was an agent like you."

Koeun was stunned upon hearing the words left Mark's lips. She couldn't believe what she was hearing. Him, Mark Lee, the one the chief warned them about, was an agent like everyone in Elites. Like everyone in her team. Like her.

"You're kidding," Koeun found herself speaking. "right?"

How could the leader of the X-Force be an agent?

"I'm not." Was Mark's simple answer. When he noticed she was still uncertain of what he said, he continued to talk. "I know you find this difficult to believe, but you will realize that once you let me continue." Koeun remained quiet, still pondering. "Will you let me?"

Mark asking her that made it seem like she could choose. Either way, they both knew she didn't have a choice. "Yes." Her curiosity answered for her.

Receiving her answer, Mark pulled the chair in the room close to him and sat on it, propping his arms on his thighs. He sensed this would take a while to explain, and this would be the first after a long time he'd tell his side of the story. "As I have said, I'm Lee Minhyung. Born on August 2, 1999. 20 years old. I used to be an agent for two years now, and I have served the government well. Being one of the diligent and skilled persona in this field, I became a member of the Elites."

"The Elites?" Koeun absentmindedly repeated. Please tell me he's kidding.

"Yes." Mark gave her a nod. "I was a member of the first batch, which is why you wouldn't know anything about me." He remembered Koeun being one of the newest batch. "I was long gone before you became one."

Her forehead started to crease slightly, confused. "But... why?"

She watched him hesitate for a second before he finally responded. "Because of my partner, Yeri." For some reason, he found it hard to say.

Yeri...

Koeun found the name familiar, but she couldn't tell where she'd seen or heard about it. What she knows was that the said girl wasn't in the Elites anymore.

"Like I was, she was a skilled agent. We were the same age but she was more persistent and fierce yet humble. She was a very dedicated person that she put most of her time on her job." She swore she could see admiration in his eyes as he described the said girl to his fullest extent. "She was the kind of person who would put herself at risk to serve justice. She was never scared."

Images of Yeri started flashing in his mind, making him recall about her dark eyes, her plump, red lips, her long, brown hair, her sweet, sweet smile.

"Thanks for the coffee, Mark Lee."

She was someone he couldn't find himself to forget.