DAY : c3

Benjamin :

"All ready running back to the streets?" My mom questioned as i was lacing up a pair of my old sneakers. "I've been caged in a room for two months. Just want some fresh air".

She didn't respond as she closed the wash room door. "I'm not going to look for trouble ma" she still didn't say anything as i cuffed her arm. "We're happy that you're home that's all Benjamin." Here she go being sentimental about everything.

"Ma, just going to see some friends. That's it" kissing her cheek as she hugged me tight. "Kenneth?" She asked as i didn't speak.

"Something's i will never understand right?" She asked as we were walking towards the door. "There's nothings to worry about. Kenneth isn't bad ma and you know this". We both chuckled before she sighed.

"He isn't good either, but i won't keep you hostage." Looking back as i closed the front door behind me.

Man it felt great being back home, I'd never in life thought I'll be the one in jail. Never planned that for my future man.

Definitely feeling the love though, two months doesn't sound like a lot. But being in that place felt like two years.

Three walls and fifteen bars, that's all i was able to look at for weeks and weeks. I was Miserable!

My beard grew in more, so i guess i can count that as the only positive thing that happen while in there.

The door bell rung as i looked back rocking on my toes waiting. "Benjamin!" Turning my head as we hugged. "Come in! Boy" she chuckled as i walked in.

"HEYY BENNE" nathaniel yelled out as he was running around the living room before approaching me.

"My tooth came out" he spoke grinning. "Look at you snaggletooth" i teased as he stuck his tongue out at me. "Alright. Make me knock the other ones out lil chump" i joked as he tried to punch me.

"He's still bad i see". She told him to go play with his toys as i followed her into their living room.  "He's getting so big" she agreed as i sat on the sofa.

"Speaking of big, how's big mike?" I asked referring to her baby father. "Thinking he's tough still. I don't know how i let him get this good pussy pregnant" she spoke as i burst out in laughter.

"Lakeshia!" I laughed out again. "I did get a blessing though, look at that beauty" she spoke watching her son. "Anyways. How? What happen?!" She asked as i sighed.

"So much happen that night, the funeral was so sad. That's a double homicide, she was pregnant" she explained as my jaw dropped.

"Damn. I didn't know all that. Bro them cops lowkey tried to pin that shit on me. I didn't have shit to do with it. No DNA traced back to me, nothing, but them hoes still held me in there mane" i explained.

"The Wild part about it, i left the party early with Kenneth and the same night the laws came beating at my moms door" i continued.

"Boy. I know your mom was pissed. So how did you get out? Did they find out who did it?" Shrugging as she covered her mouth. "All i know is my alibi checked out, Kenneth really came through for me". I said as she nodded her head.

"That's been your day one since what elementary. He cares about you for real. He was actually there I'm surprise you didn't see him" she said as i shook my head 'no'.

"He was where at the court house?" I asked as she nodded her head. "I picked him up" she mumbled before we both looked back to her dad walking in.

"Look who the cat dragged in" he laughed approaching us. "Saw your mom Facebook status, boy she swear you've been gone for years" he laughed.

We shook hands as i chuckled shaking my head. "Man that's what it felt like, never going back to that place EVER!" I expressed still shaking my head as he cuffed both of my shoulders.

"Good. You have a good head on your shoulder Benjamin. Glad you're back home. Because she's been lonely without you" he spoke as she smacked her lips.

"Boy bye" she said before we continued our conversation. "Guess i was too focus on getting out of there i didn't notice. How is he?" I asked as she rolled her eyes.

"What you think. Ken is Ken, hardheaded, arrogant and ken" she said making me laugh. "Yeah you're right" i mumbled as she grabbed my hand under the table.

"You know i hate being the wise, bright and upfront one" she chuckled looking at me. "But i wouldn't be a true friend if i didn't tell you the truth." Interrupting her.

"I know La i should stop crushing on him, blah blah" i mumbled as she moved closer to me. "No... that's not what I'm about to say" she chuckled shaking her head.

"Ben seriously if you like Kenneth i think you should tell him" she said as i bunched my face up at her. "I don't think it works that way, we're like brothers in a way." I said as she rolled her eyes.

"Why are you scared?" . . She said letting my hand go. "Because it's not that simple, you just don't walk up to a nigga and say heyyy i like you, let's be happy together." I smirked as we both sucked our teeth at each other.

"He cares. . .  Do you not understand how early you have to get up to catch the bus downtown? Niggas with cars won't even drive to see a bitch, and you got him catch not one, not two, not three but four buses" she said as i rolled my eyes becoming annoyed.

"You do know Kenneth is straight?" I asked as she shrugged. "I know that but he could be undercover" she said as i laughed. "Dl, see I'm not taking advice from you. Have me out here looking real crazy" i mumbled shaking my head.

"What about a three-some?" She asked as i bucked my eyes at her. "With who?" I whispered. "Who you think?" She dryly said as i laughed getting up from the table.

"La, please leave me alone. Why are you like this?" I asked as we both laughed. "I'm just trying to get you closer to him. You know you like him" she explained as i began to walk towards the door.

"I appreciate it, but I'm not risking my friendship for something that we both will never happen. Plus i don't fuck around like that with just anybody" i said as we stood outside.

"That's what I'm saying. He's not just anybody Benjamin and you know that. You slick love that boy" she said as i rolled my eyes again shaking my head.

"How do you figure?" I asked eyeing her. "Because i loved him at a point of time too, and he looks at you how i wished he looked at me. We weren't perfect but we tried, now I'm telling you to try" she admitted cuffing my hand.

" I'm a real bitch, I'm not stopping what could be just because we talked. We never had sex, so i don't know what he's packing. A kiss, a few cuddle nights and talks. So you're right he might be straight, but he could also be into you" she spoke cuffing my face kissing my cheek.

"Do it" i spoke under my breath. "Do what?" She whispered winking. "Just Do it" i dryly said as she laughed. "I KNEW IT!" she jumped laughing.

"I'm not doing the threesum, but imma put you in the door. You just make sure you follow through" she said as i walked off feeling hella played.

She screamed my name as i kelp walking. "Playing with my emotion. She almost just got beat up" i mumbled to myself.