DAY : c4

Benjamin :

I knew taking the route down his street would add an additional ten minutes to my walk home. I'll be lying to myself if i say he wasn't worth it.

Kenneth dad is usually in the garage working on his truck, so i knew there was a possibility that i would see Kenneth working beside him.

The street lights were coming on as i was getting closer to their house. As expected the garage door was up as Kenneth dad was under his truck hood.

A woman stood there observing as they where having a conversation. I'm guessing when she became quiet he looked up before realizing i was standing there.

"I- be damn" he reaches for the towel beside him cleaning his hands as i smiled with a slight chuckle walking closer.

We knocked fist After i shook the woman's hand. "Heard you served some time up-state" he joked as i laughed. "Something like that, but I'm glad to be home" i spoke not trying to brag about being in jail.

It honestly wasn't nothing to brag about, i was actually ashamed of myself. "Are you looking for Kenneth? He's inside go in" he requested as i couldn't find the worlds to say

'it's okay, nvm'.

Nodding my head as i proceeded through the garage door down the narrow hallway. The living room was empty as i observed the house.

His mom touch still lingered as i noticed their family portrait still hanging over the dinning table. Vic Mensa - Rowdy ft G Herbo became louder as i followed the music up to his room.

Things haven't changed much here, we both basically grew up here. His door was closed as i knocked waiting for an answer.

I could hear him rapping along to the song as i knocked harder this time. He yelled "what?" As the music tuned out.

I didn't say anything as i did our childhood beat that we made up back in middle school. His room door opened as both of our smiles took over the moment.

He didn't say anything and neither did i as he welcomed me into his arms. "Damn man" was the only thing he could say as we released from each other grip.

He closed his room door as i walked in looking around. "Place haven't changed a bit" i mumbled as he chuckled. "Nigga it's been two months relax" he joked as i laughed.

"I've been walking around like i did ten years" i said as we were cracking up. "I still think about that night, i really thought i lost my brother man" he mumbled wrapping his arms around my neck kissing my head before pushing me away.

"Nah I'm still here, ain't going too far" i nodded as he turned the music up just a little. "Like ol time?" He asked flashing the rolled blunt up to me. "Hell yeah! What type of question?" I mugged.

"My boy" he nodded his head towards the window signaling for me to follow. This was something we use to do growing up.

Sit on the roof and just talk and eat gummy bears. Watching my step as i pulled myself up to the next level sitting between the roof of his room and backyard deck.

"Can't forget these. You know a Nigga get the munchies like a hoe" he laughed opening the gummy bears. "You remember these?" He asked as i nodded hiding  my smile.

"How could i forget?" I asked looking at him as he held the blunt between his lips. Cuffing the tip with his hand as he lit it.

Kenneth took the first few pulls as the scent warmed my nose. 'You're learning the difference now, this here" i coughed out Nodding my head.