Day : c9

Benjamin : ^

"This is cute" she said in a flirtatious way, as i approached her reaching for my phone. We both agreed one the last one she took at the cutest one.

"You're so damn handsome. It really doesn't make sense Ben, you need to stop playing and give that girl a shot" she said in a curious tone.

Since I've started high school here i didn't show a slightly interest in girls. Yes, it was obvious that i didn't care to date. In fact - i didn't find any joy in turning girls down.

"It's pointless, we will be graduating next year. What since would that make?" I stated hoping for a subject change. Why is everyone so yearningly interested with the topic of my love life.

Something i could never fathom; does me dating bring clarity to them. The topic is toxic and i hate it. "Folks already think your gay- i just. . I want to be here for you" she said with empathy tip-toeing around the question.

"They think I'm a killer, some think I'm gay, others think I'm Uppity, pretentious, stuck-up, conceited. And guess what? Not a single of a fuck will be given you know why? BECAUSE I DONT CARE" i said gracefully walking away from her.

Sick of this conversation, there's four hundred other boys in this school, but here i am always the center of topic. "I didn't mean to anger you Ben-heyy" she called out with a sense of guilt in her voice.

"Benjamin-" she called as i had my head against the window thinking. Her hand cuffed my shoulder as she hugged me from behind.

"I'm not gay- i- . . " breathing as my chest began to tighten from the overwhelming feeling of her being correct.

Indeed i knew, but i wasn't certain. "I'm not gay Simone. . I-" very time i built up the courage to speak his name my chest tightened.

Speaking his name put my business out and his, and who was i to speak any further, who was i to pull him into my own confusion, who was i- to feel the way i feel about him.

"Benjamin" her voice becomes settled with care and concern as she moved beside me. "We don't talk much like we did in middle school, but one thing i do remember us sharing was our first crush" she chuckled softly.

"Ms. Tiara was fine, i admired that woman like no tomorrow. I literally wanted to be here" she said turning her head just in time to catch my eye contact.

"And you admitted" -

"That I'm in love with my best friend" i mumbled truthfully. "Kenneth" i exhausted out as she nodded her head.

"Simone I'm not gay" swallowing as she cuffed my hand. "You're human, and i don't think it's gay. It's called love, you're in love with a man and that's pretty straight to me" she said Noncommittally staring at me as i laughed.

"I'm gay aint i?" I asked as she nodded her head holding in her laugh. "I'm a homo" i mumbled pretending to faint. "So... are you going to tell him?" She asked curious as i shook my head 'no'.

"That would change the dynamics of our relationship. Do you know how dangerous that will be."

"This is someone, I've seen naked as a kid, slept in the same bed with, you don't spring shit like this up on someone you've been around all your life" i said sounding a bit overwhelmed as i calmed myself.

"I can't do that" she looked at me as the morning bell rung. The third floor of our school was always empty in the morning, it was the best place to go for privacy if you needed it.