DAY : ONE :

Benjamin :

His foot steps and heavy breathing caught up to me as he pulled at my shoulder turning me around.

"I'm not perfect! Nor would i ever be ben" he explained with a single breath.

"You're my brother, our history goes deeper than anything. Growing up and till this day i would still give anything for you Benjamin" he explained further.

"I-. " he sighed.

"Ben..." he mumbled grabbing my hand. "It hurt knowing you couldn't come to me"

"It hurt knowing that i couldn't protect you, and you ran to Leven and not me"

"It hurt knowing that all this could have been prevented if I'd just been man enough to just open up to you" He spoke still holding my hand.

"Those are Pain's I'll forever live with Ben, but i can't live with not having you in my life" he spoke as i finally looked at him.

"We go through shit, it's normal, but i never gave up on us and our friendship. I saw the signs just as much as you gave them, but i was scared to take that risk" he explained.

"What if i ruined everything? im good at ruining shit, It wasn't worth losing my best friend, my brother, my day one" he admitted.

"Ben..." he sighed moving closer to me. "There's never been another guy before you, we might never date but you'll always have my heart" he spoke cuffing both of my hands.

"And the only reason why i won't take the risk of kissing you is because i don't deserve it"
He mumbled.

"You-". .

Before he could finish
His next sentence my lips
Pressed against his.

We both stood face to face an emotional wreck. "You were suppose to be my the one Kenneth" i emotional spoke. "But i do get it now. ." I sighed drying my eyes.

"this is a lot more special. Our bond, this love, our friendship, I-... i owe you an apology Kenneth" i said.

"I did fault you for my pain, but if I'm being honest. You never lead me to believe we had more."

"I let my own fantasy about us become my reality and that was unhealthy on my part" i explained.

"admitting that now does make me sound crazy huh?" I asked as we chuckled. "Just a little" he teased.

"Growing up, you became mg brother"

"You protected me throughout our school years. You were the one that made sure i fitted in with the wave of society" i admitted.

"Kenneth you're my only male friend, and you happened to be one of the most amazing guys i know, so why wouldn't i fall in love with you?" I asked looking into his eyes.

"You're my dream husband" I laughed drying my eyes. "However, i understand us now" i spoke.

"you've been my Nigga since day one" i nodded with a smile. "So i can't be mad at the decisions we've both made" i acknowledge.

A car pulled up outside of La house as Kenneth stepped back a little. "Leven?" I asked as he nodded his head. Sighing as i let out a friendly smile cuffing his pinky

"Guess i can finally admit, y'all are cute together" i said as he laughed.

"Same with you and Clark" he spoke as i made a face. "Haven't been a thing in a few months, but I'm okay" i nodded my head patting his arm.

"Gone go be with your man" pushing him forward as i walked beside him.

"You good homie?" Leven asked as i shook his hand. "Yeah I'm Gucci, y'all travel safe" i said as la walked down the driveway. "Will do, we can link up before you leave for school".

Leven said as i nodded my head. "Will do". La cuffed my lower back hugging my side as she waved bye to them.

"Why didn't you tell him?" She asked as i shook my head. "Because if he knew i Was staying here that would just complicate things" i spoke.

"Why do you keep torching yourself" she mumbled leaning on me. "I'm in love with him, and that love is the only thing that's keeping me together." I mumbled.

"Rather we're together or not, i know that he feels the same. And sometimes that's good enough" i mumbled turning to her. "Our friendship is secured for a lifetime, and i want him to be happy" i said.

"That's really good Benjamin. GROWTH!" She chuckled. "Plus i think someone is feeling the older you" she said as her boyfriend car pulled into the driveway.

"Girl like who?" I asked laughing as her boyfriend and Oren got out the car. "Guess you've reached the age limit he requires. The universe always come full circle" she said before walking off as Oren approached me.

"When the time is right correct?" He chuckled with a smile. "Nobody in this world will want someone as broken as i am?" I spoke looking at him.

"To the world you might be one broken person, but to one person. . " he mumbled cuffing my cheek pulling my head up. "You are the world" he continued  with a sigh just as he wrapping his arm around my neck.

___

💞