DAY : c20 :

Kenneth :

One Year Later :

My dad eyes observed Leven as everything over the past months were all starting to make sense.

Tension grew thick, but somehow i wasn't phased by the awkwardness.

I know what to expect.

i knew the question he would ask.

I knew the follow up questions
that came after.

"What am i suppose to say Kenneth?" He asked completely throwing me off. I've rehearsed this scenario with Leven back at his apartment, but we were wrong.

"I don't know" i spoke looking at him as a sudden chill came over me. "What would you prefer i say?" He asked as i picked at my hand.

"You'll support me no matter what" i spoke looking up at him as he sat there staring at us both.

"Legally you have the right to leave Kenneth and i can't stop you. Do i feel the decision you're making is bad? Yes, oh-son" he sighed out looking down.

"Do you even know him?" My dad asked looking at me as Leven fought back from speaking. "Yes, pops listen."- "don't explain yourself" he interrupted standing up.

"Dad" he walked away not saying anything as he removed his hat from his head. Leven looked at me unclear now, we really did think this was a great move.

This was the only thing i wanted for graduation, to be on my own. So much has changed over the past year.

Friendships have fallen, new ones have been made and for me to continue growing, this is the path i need.

Being here only brought memories of my mother.

memories of him not being here, memories of Benjamin.

Memories i no-longer wanted to remember.

His footsteps brought my head back up as he held his black bag in his left hand. The expression on his face was blank, but it also reviled the fear of loosing me.

his only son.

Was i sure | are you sure Kenneth?

His hand extended  out for me to take it as he held onto my shoulder. "You're mom had two separate insurance policies for you and your sister."

He spoke as i cuffed the black bag still looking at him. "We agreed to use it to pay for your college, but seems as you have other plans" he further explained.

"I can't keep it from you, you're entitled to it, so i hope you do the right thing Kenneth" he said as i opened the black bag to a twenty-five thousand dollar check from my moms life insurance company.

"Son" he softly spoke as i noticed him look at Leven from the corner of his eye. He wanted to be sure that i wouldn't blow this money nor give it away.

However, i wasn't sure myself what to do with the money. I've never held nor seen twenty five thousand dollars, yet alone that much money that my name is on.

Handing the black-bag back to him as i shook my head. "I- i don't want it-i-.. ion know what to do with it-keep it for baby girl" i suggested as he stepped back.