Day : c16

Benjamin :

"So if you not gone say anything why are we waiting?" Latrell asked leaning between the seat.

"I'm certainly not going to embarrass myself" i said shaking the thought of approaching him off. "You sure became baeBe! We can easily run up and handle this?" She said squaring up in the car ready to fight.

"Because he not about to play you, we run in the same circle. There's no bitchassness over here so c'mon" she said opening the car door as they were walking out the gym door.

"Simone!" I hissed out as she sat back down. "So we really not pulling up on him?" She asked as i covered my face. "I don't want to make a scene, I'll talk to him" i mumbled opening the car door.

"And I'm standing right here, if he look like he about to pop off! Bitch wassup" she said swinging at the air as i chuckled at her foolishness.

He put in his headphones as he started to walk down the bus ramp, towards the front of the school. I knew he stayed in walking distance so i figured I'd catch up sooner than later.

Turning back as i noticed Simone and her cousin still standing there with their door open ready to bust a move.

"Daryl" i called out as he crossed the street. Sighing as i was forced to run and catch him as he removed his headphone looking back.

From the look on his face, he had already planned how to address the situation before i could. "It was all a joke and them niggas took it literal bro" he spoke as we stood beside the broken side gate.

"But why would you joke like that knowing Daryl? I haven't done anything to disrespect you" i semi-groaned. "It was a joke! We were just talking about folks and the question 'after graduation who would most likely come out as gay and i said Benjamin' and they took that shit to the next level" he explained

"They start agreeing talking about how you dress a little girly, you hang with all the females, and you look like you wear makeup sometimes. Which isn't true you just a pretty nigga and it ain't shit wrong with it bro"  he continued.

"Wow..." i huffed out rolling my eyes. "You started it though Daryl. I would never throw you under the bus man. I just moved on from that whole house party shooting, and now i gotta deal with people discovering me before i could even discovery me!" ..... "fuckkkkk" i groaned through my teeth walking away from him.

"If it means anything I'm sorry Ben. For real man" he apologized as i kelp walking shaking my head. Stopping in place as i turned around looking for him. He walked through the small field that split his appointment from the street.

Somone texted me asking if i was okay as i replied with 'yeah'. Pulling his backpack as it dropped off his shoulder. "Why would you assume me out of all people?" I asked as he sighed covering his face.

"Benjamin because it's you. . ." He admitted. "Look at you now. Breathing down my back for the truth when you know it. Have i ever judged you about your sexuality? No nigga and i knew you before Kenneth!" He spoke firmly and aggressive.

"Nigga on god! You use to act like you were my girlfriend in elementary school. Did i ever push you away? No my nigga."

"I'm sorry i spoke on you like that, and you're right i had no right to put you out like that but i didn't think it was this serious. Honest to god" he said as my phone rung.

"And to keep it all the way one hunnit with you, if anybody get out of line with you or call you out your name let me know! I'll check any nigga in that hoe and that's on my momma. Don't let me nor no nigga in that wack ass school put fear in your heart" he semi-groaned becoming more serious than me.

"And I'll make sure that stays between the people who assume" he said as i nodded sighing. "It's not something to assume because i am ga-..gay Daryl" i admitted as i noticed her car pulling up to the gate.

He didn't pay it no mind, and i understand why. It wasn't obvious who car it was as he put his hand on my shoulder. "Doesn't matter. What i said still stand man. I got you alright. So don't sweat it." He spoke.

At this point i didn't even matter. We both walked away still guessing what was next, couldn't predict the future so there wasn't a need for me to overthink anything.

They both Stared at me like creeps as i got into the car, waiting for anything juicy to spill from my mouth. "He apologized" i mumbled putting my seatbelt on as she kelp the car in park. "And...?" She asked waiting for more.

"And that's it. It was a joke, I'm over it. He said he would protect me if anybody came at me wrong so i don't know" i shrugged as her mouth dropped.

"Sounds like he's trying to do more than protect you." She mumbled. "Please that boy don't want me and he has a girlfriend. I do believe he meant it. He even remembered the whole situation back in elementary i told you about" i chuckled.

"Look at you blushing! He got you hot! Seat probably soaked over there"  she said as i burst out laughing. "Girl gone on playing with me" i chuckled shaking my head.

___

Kenneth :

"You And Benjamin aren't tight anymore?" Leven asked. "We're cool, friendship isn't what it use to be, but he'll always be my nigga that's my day one" i responded as we were pulling into my driveway.

He was about to speak until he noticed the garage letting up. "Looks like you about to get in trouble" he said as i was standing between the door of his car.

My dad walked around his truck looking at me disappointed. "This is what you're doing now? Staying out late? Not calling home? Disobeying my rules!?" He shouted as i closed the door to save myself from further embarrassment.

My dad tapped on the hood of Leven car as my eyes widened. Is he serious right now. "Let me have a word with you" my dad spoke as he stood beside the car as i watched the window roll down.

Leven was polite to my dad as the questions rolled in. This was so embarrassing bruh, he's really tripping right now. "It's not that serious" . . "Damn" i mumbled under my breath.

Leven was walking behind my dad as he asked for us both to walk inside the house. "Your pops bruh" he mumbled walking beside me. "He fine" he joked as i shook my head thinking he was about to say something serious.

"Did He Tell you He was suppose to be home?" He asked Leven as i stood there. "I'm talking to you not him" my dad firmly spoke as lev looked back to my dad.

"Yeah he did, and it's all
On me. It was late and you know how the cops are around here so i didn't want to risk two brothers out driving that late" he said as my dad calmed a little.

He actually looked surprised, i was just hoping he didn't ask for his age. I knew if my dad found out he was twenty one he would flip out. "It was the responsible thing to do pops. It won't happen again." I promised to him as i nodded my head for Leven to follow me up.

"I'm going to pick up your sister, I'll call if we grab something to eat" he loudly said as we were halfway up stairs. "Yes sir" i yelled back as Leven trailed behind me.

"This is cute" he mumbled looking around my room. "It's cool" i chuckled as he stood observing the chalkboard wall that surrounded my bed. "You drew all this?" He asked as i nodded my head.

"Damn bae this is hella good" he softly spoke as i walked behind him. He smiled looking at his name in cursive as i drew a small portrait of him. "You really fuck with a nigga" he smiled turning around.

"You aight" i spoke kissing him. "I'm more than aight. I bagged you" he mumbled moving closer. "

____