Chapter Eight

Chapter Eight

Samuel's POV

"So, how is the mate business coming along?" I look over at Blake as he take a seat next to me at the kitchen table. My eyes shoot back to Emily, refusing to let her out of my sight. I will not allow her to leave this pack and join another, where there will be young hormonal boys. My hands clench into tight fists. "Ahhh." Blake says, turning to look at Emily as well. "You've got a good one."

I scoff. "A good one? Look at her, she's scarred and used. She's not good, she's broken and soiled." I tell him, not going light on the truth. However, he doesn't need to know that I believe otherwise. She may be all of those things, but she sure is beautiful. Blake lets out a gusty sigh.

"She'll be a great mother." I look over at Blake, arching an eyebrow.

"And who's baby will it be? I surely have no intention on mating with her. I told you, I've never wanted a mate, and that still stands." I rest my chin in my hand, squinting over at Emily as she twiddles with something in her lap. She hasn't moved from her spot in nearly an hour. What is it she could be doing?

"Then why don't you just reject her as a mate... That way she can move on to be with someone else..." 

I shrug my shoulders. "Maybe I will." That will never happen. I will kill any man that lays a finger on her. I am not about to let her go off and be happy with someone else. No. She will suffer here with me, just as I will suffer with her.

Blake goes to stand, "I'll be with Ilene." He then walks off. Ilene is his mate, and Blake is crazy about that one. He can't seem to keep his hands off of her. I'm surprised she isn't walking around, the size of the planet, with a baby. But it's none of my business and I couldn't care less. 

I see little Sarah walk into the living room and she heads over towards Emily. Sarah whispers something in her ear and I see Emily's shoulders slump, then she nods and stands. The two of them walk over towards me. "I'm going to take Emily to my tree house." Sarah says with a bright smile. I pull my eyebrows together as I look up at Emily. 

"No." I bite out. However, Sarah doesn't let up.

"Please! I really want to have another girl be apart of my club! Please, please, please, please!" Sarah begs, jumping up and down in a mock tantrum. I wave my hand, dismissing them. I can't deal with her anymore today.

"Sure, whatever. Just leave." Sarah squeals with excitement as she grabs Emily's hand and leads her away from the house and my sight. 

Anthony. Follow Sarah and Emily. If anything out of the norm happens, report to me right away. 

Yes, Alpha. I lean back in my chair and wait for Anthony to contact me if anything goes wrong. That little wolf has me so strung up, I can't go a moment without wondering if she is alright. 

I hate not having her in my sight. If I do, I can protect her from whatever danger there is. When she is away, I feel helpless. It only takes a few seconds for a werewolf to slaughter her, since her wolf is absent. My muscles tighten at the thought. I refuse to have her die. Not on my watch. I can't deny the need to protect what is mine. She is mine. 

I get to my feet and make my way into the woods, heading towards Sarah's tree house. When I get there, however, neither of the girls are anywhere to be seen. I let out a low growl.

Alpha. Come quick. We're at the eastern border! I instantly morph into my wolf and sprint towards the border, listening for any sounds of distress. I hear soft growling and I head towards it to see Uncle Phoenix with some of his pack standing in front of Emily, Sarah and Anthony.

"Anthony, let her go!" Sarah orders him. I notice Emily trying to pull herself out of Anthony's grasp, to go with Phoenix. I let out a snarl, causing everyone to look in my direction. Once I am beside Emily and my Uncle I morph back to my human self.

"What is going on here?" I snap, looking down at Emily who bows her head to avoid eye contact. I grab her arm and rip her from Anthony's grasp, pulling her to my side. "You thought you could just leave me, like I meant nothing to you. That you would just leave me behind and start anew?! You know you will never get your wolf back without me. How stupid are you?!" 

"I'm not stupid! I refuse to be kept here where I am treated like shit and pushed around. Phoenix was going to help me to get my wolf back, he knows some treatments and exercises. I no longer want to be here, with you, Samuel. I reject you." I feel my heart tear into pieces as her words, yet I stay strong.

"No. I refuse." I bite back, glaring down at her. 

"That's not how it works." She whispers. I arch an eyebrow. 

"No? I am son of Catherine Blackwood, The Chosen. I am Samuel Blackwood, Alpha of the Colorado Pack. What I say, goes. And I say, your rejection has been refused." I pull her close to me, smiling as sparks shoot up my arm and back. "Feel that, little mate? We are still bonded. And there is nothing you can say that will ever change that." 

Emily's POV

Samuel leads Sarah and I back to the house in silence. I don't say a word, fearful of what might happen if I do. How can it be that the rejection was... well... rejected? It should be that whenever a werewolf feels threatened by their mate, they should be able to break things off. 

"Anthony, take Sarah to her room." Samuel orders his Third in Command. I watch as Anthony grabs his sister by the bicep and takes her towards her room. 

"What were you thinking?" I hear him growl down at her. I feel bad for getting Sarah in trouble... She should never have been a part of the plan. She's only a little girl. In fact, this plan should never have been enforced. I am mated to Samuel, and since I am not able to reject him, I might as well accept the fact that I am going to spend the rest of my life, living with this monster. 

Once they're gone, I am left alone in an awkward, uncomfortable silence with Samuel. I can feel his anger as he stands beside me, however I do not look up to see just how furious he is. If looks could kill, I'd be murdered and six feet under ground by now. 

Before I could react, Samuel wraps an arm around my waist and pulls me flush against his chest. I squeak in surprise, but it is soon replaced with a scream in agony as he sinks his teeth into my neck. I thrash against his hold, pounding on his chest and kicking at his shins. Why is he doing this to me? Without my permission... This isn't how it was supposed to happen. This was supposed to be a romantic moment out of love and passion. Not out of anger and possessiveness. 

When he pulls back, he glares down at me. "You are mine, Emily. I don't care what you or anyone else has to say about it. You bear my mark, and you are mine." He picks me up to throw my over his shoulder and storms up the stairs towards our bedroom. I kick and scream as I know what is about to happen. He is going to take me unwillingly. 

"Samuel! Please, stop this!" I hear Catherine cry. 

"I swear to God, mother, if you intervene, I will kill you!" Samuel hollers at her as we enter the bedroom and he slams the door shut, locking it. He tosses me on the bed and discards all of the clothes he had put on just a few minutes ago, looking at me with hungry, raged eyes. 

Please no... 

Once he is fully nude, he grabs me by the ankle and pulls me to him, ripping my pants and shirt. Tears stream down my cheeks as the true monster takes his place. I thought there was some good in him. Some good in his blackened heart.

I close my eyes as he hovers over me, getting rid of my last pieces of clothing, waiting for him to take me. However, that never happens, for I fall into a dark abyss, safe from my mate. 

Ahhhh! Tell me what you guys think!!!! :)