Chapter Eleven

Chapter Eleven

Blake's POV

After Ilene takes Emily to go shopping, Samuel barges into the house with a scowl on his face. I try to contain my emotions. He has been all over the place since Emily's incident and his raping of her. He can't seem to think straight, which is normal since all of her thoughts are jumbled with his and he never really wanted this in the first place. But I can't help but be angry with him. She doesn't deserve Samuel as a mate.

"Let's go." He growls out at me. I let out a sigh and follow him outside where we both take on our wolf forms. His strong, large black wolf towers over me and every other wolf in the country. Samuel has the largest wolf, it is even bigger than his mother's. Samuel takes off in full sprint and I struggle to keep up with him. I can almost see the steam coming off of him as he runs off his anxiety and stress.

I keep pace as we run the perimeter of the pack territory a few times. That is, until, I get an urgent message from Ilene. Blake, baby. Have you ever heard of a wolf disappearing. Er... I mean, it disappears, comes back and then vanishes again... Her question throws me off guard and I come to a halt.

What is going on, Ilene? I shoot back at her. Of course I've never heard of anything like that. It wasn't possible. It's rare for a wolf to disappear in the first time, but to do it again...

Ilene doesn't respond and I force myself to push through to hear what is going on around her. "Oh my God!" I hear someone yell. I notice the voice to be Emily. "What have I done? He didn't take me. Samuel didn't rape me after all." I hear her cry and I pull back, shaking my head. What the hell is going on? Why wouldn't Samuel do this? Better question, why would he say he did if her really hadn't. I look over at him to see that he has stopped as well, his wolf panting as he cocks his head. I just shoot him a glare.

What is going on? He asks. I ignore him and try to reconnect with Ilene but she is preoccupied with another mind link. I look over at Samuel as he bares his teeth. Ilene, what the hell is going on?

I listen as Ilene seethes with anger. What is going on?! What is going on, is that your mate is losing her wolf again! Why the hell would you tell Emily you mated with her when you didn't?! Now her wolf is fading again, you pompous ass! I let out a sigh at her tone and choice of words. She isn't going to get out of this one without a few reprimands. She needs you help, Samuel. NOW!

Samuel lets out a growl. You tell Emily she is to be home this instant! And if you ever speak to me like that again, you will be punished. With that, all communication is cut off and Samuel is off on his way back to the house, leaving me behind without a clue as to what is going on. Blake, find my mother and tell her what has happened. I am going to speak with the pack doctor to find out what the hell is going on with my mate.

I let out another sigh as I take off towards the house as well, but instead of heading towards the infirmary, I go to the main house where I know Catherine will be. I change to my human form and pull on a pair of sweats we keep in a box near the house and I rush upstairs to enter Catherine's bedroom.

I stop short when I see her sitting cross-legged on the floor, looking down at a scrapbook covered in dust. I bite my lip when I notice they are pictures of Drew and her wedding. When she smiles softly in a sad, lonely way, I know I have to interrupt now or I will never have the strength to do it. I clear my throat and she jumps with surprise.

"Oh, Blake! It's you." She gets to her feet, shoving the scrapbook under the bed. She feebly wipes away her tears and I try to ignore the sympathy I feel for her. Now isn't the time to address her and Drew's problems. "What can I do for you?"

With that, I tell her everything to the best of my ability. Being someone who doesn't really understand what is going on, I sure hope I was able to make everything clear. And apparently I did when Catherine is darting out of the room, pushing me out of the way in the process. I decide to follow her, hoping she knows what's going on.

"We need to find Drew." She says, mostly to herself.

"Why?" I ask. She looks over her shoulder at me, looking as if she didn't know I was there.

"I only know of one way to bring Emily's wolf back and that is to have Samuel and her mate. I, of course, do not agree with that. Drew, however, knows of a situation similar to this. Hopefully, he has an idea as to what to do." I decide not to say anything else, only to follow Catherine as she leads the way to the other side of the pack house where he is staying in a secluded room.

Catherine doesn't knock, instead she just opens the door just as I had to her a few moments ago. Drew is laying on his bed, staring up at the ceiling. When he hears us come in, he looks over at us and I instantly feel the awkward tension arise as they stare at each other.

I clear my throat again. "Hi, uh, Mr. Drew, guy. We have something of urgency. It's about Emily." With that, he looks over at me with a curious and worried expression. "Her wolf came back when Samuel went to rape her, yet he didn't so the bond is sort of fading between her wolf again and we can only think of one way to have the wolf stay and no one wants them to mate." I tell him. "Catherine said you know of a similar situation."

"Yes, I do. It's not the same though. A fifteen year old boy lost his wolf when he was attacked by rogues. He was too weak to hold on to him and he was too young to have a mate. It seemed all hope was lost. However, when his sister was in the midst of being forced by some pervert, the boy's wolf came back to save his sister. You see, wolves are pack animals and they will do anything to save the people they love. Emily's wolf came back to save her. But just like the boy, they wolf will fade again without the bond of a mate. I'm sorry, but the only way to keep Emily's wolf, is to have Samuel and her mate..." Drew looks over at Catherine and again their is tension. He looks heartbroken and lost without her and I can tell she feels the same way. I feel extremely awkward as I stand in between the two of them.

I take a step back as Drew says, "I'm so sorry." Catherine takes a half step towards him as he lifts his hand to touch her cheek. Before they can have contact, however, they door his thrown open and an urgent Samuel storms in, holding on to Emily by the bicep.

She looks scared, shrinking away from her angered and unstable mate. She looks to Drew, Catherine and me for help and I feel sorry for her. "Fix her." Samuel says, his voice breaking as he then pulls her in his arms and buries his face in her neck. "Please." I hear a bare whisper and I am as shocked as the next person with his affection towards Emily.

Maybe there is hope for him after all.

Oh my lord, I am so sorry guys! College is so flipping hard... and I work nearly every day. I haven't been able to upload in so long, and I know this isn't the longest of chapters... but here it is! Please enjoy!

Xoxo,

Charlotte

PS... Blake is on the side :)