Chapter Twenty One

Chapter Twenty One

Ever since I told Samuel that I wanted another mate, he has been distant. He has every right to. What I said was awful and I wish I had never said it. 

The distance is good, however. It is giving me space to think about what Catherine had told me. The only way to have a child with the man I love is to leave him during the duration of my pregnancy. The demon inside him cannot know that I am pregnant. Meaning, Samuel will not understand why I would leave. 

It would be sudden and unexplainable. He would be left heartbroken and I wouldn't be able to live with myself. Could I actually live hundreds of miles away, with people I hardly know, just to have a child? I want so much to be a mother, but not enough to leave a destroyed mate in the process. He is my top priority. He is the love of my life and I will never intentionally hurt him. 

I am sorry, my child, but I cannot do it. I will see you in the afterlife. 

~*~

"His name is Caden." Tears gather in my eyes as I look down at the beautiful baby boy. He looks so much like his father. Same eyes, same hair, same button nose. All I wanted was to hold him, from now until the end of my days. He showed such joy and happiness. 

"That's a beautiful name." I whisper to Ilene as she lays in her bed, the baby fitting perfectly in her arms. 

"I know it was what you wanted to name your child..." I try to give her a smile as I nod my head. Ilene is so thoughtful. She does everything she can to make others happy. Naming her child after my dreamed baby was more touching than anyone could imagine. "Here." She holds out her arms, offering her baby to me. I gaze down at the beautiful boy and I gather him gently in my arms. 

As I hold him, looking down into his blue eyes, I allow tears to roll down my cheeks. I lift the baby up to softly place my forehead against his as I sob. I wish he were my son, donning his father's green eyes and my milky brown hair. 

"I am going to be the best damned aunt ever." I whisper, pulling back to see the baby is staring at me with a small smile on his lips. 

"You will be." Ilene says. I hand her over Caden and wipe away my tears. 

"Congratulations, Ilene. You deserve it." I don't wait for her to answer, I turn and hightail it out of there. I rush down the hallway to find my bedroom where I push open the door and find Samuel sitting on the bed. He lifts his head to look at me, offering a frown. 

"Emily..." Even though it has been months, Samuel still has been faraway it seems. I know he loves me, I see it in his eyes. But it seems he is having an interior battle with himself and he doesn't want me involved. However, today is different. I need him no matter what. I don't care how he is feeling. I need him.

I lock the door and run over to throw myself into his arms, slamming my lips against his. Samuel catches me with ease, holding me as I wrap my legs around his waist and together we kiss the living daylights out of each other. 

"Em. No.... If we get pregnant... It will only bring you more pain, my love." He whispers. I shake my head, nearly telling him to shut up, that I have a plan. But if I did, then I'd never have my child. Our child.

"Please, Samuel. I need you!" I beg. As he is my mate and it is nearly impossible to deny each other in such a passionate state, he gives in to temptation and we are whisked into a needy, passionate joining.

~*~

"So what have you decided?" Catherine asks as I sit on her bed. I place a hand on my stomach and look up at her with tearful eyes. Our joining a few weeks ago was successful and Samuel knows nothing of our child. Now, I only have two options. I can either allow the demon to take my fourth child, or I am to runaway. To leave Samuel and only come back after my child is successfully brought into this world. 

Tears roll down my cheeks as I look at her. "He is going to hate me. He is going to believe that I no longer love him. He will lose hope and all sense of what is good in this world. Catherine, am I being selfish?" 

Catherine places her hands over mine, squatting in front of me. "Sweetheart, you have every right in the world to have this selfish act. You have lost your family, you have been hurt and you have lived through three miscarriages. Samuel will understand in time. He will take you back and love you just as much as he does now." I close my eyes and take deep breaths. 

"You will watch over him, right? You won't let him do anything stupid. He is a father and I need him to be a father to our child." Catherine nods her head. 

"I promise."

"Then I guess you should call your brother. Can he pick me up Friday?" 

"That is only two days away, Emily." Catherine says, her tone disapproving. I nod my head. Technically, I have two more weeks until the demon will be able to kill my child. But I have to leave as soon as possible, but not before giving my own goodbyes. 

"I have to leave before I change my mind." 

I am sorry it is so short! I am in between classes right now! I really hope you enjoyed it! Tell me what you think about Emily's decision! Was it the right one or is she being selfish?! 

Xoxo,

Charlotte