Chapter Twelve Preview

Chapter Twelve

Emily's POV

I stand frozen as Samuel wraps his arms around me, holding me against his warm body as he presses his face into the crook of my neck. His soft, desperate whisper, "please", leaves my heart soaring and my head whirling.

He cares. My wolf says weakly and I try not to think of the fact that I am losing her. There has to be a way to save her. I need her.

Samuel pulls back, looking down at me for a brief second, giving me an apologetic look as he turns towards his parents. "What do we have to do to help her?" He asks, letting go of me and I feel awkward, standing there absent of his warmth. Catherine, Drew and Blake all look at each other, having this expression of sorrow and disgust.

I knew exactly what that meant and my heart dropped at the realization of what had to be done. I look over at my mate and bite my bottom lip to keep myself from saying something that would cause further issues. If this is what had to be done, then so be it.

"No." Samuel says. I am taken by surprise at this, as is everyone else in the room.

"Samuel, her wolf will die. If she dies, Emily will be nothing more than a human." Catherine says in a bare whisper. Samuel looks over at me and shakes his head, his eyes softening.

"I can't." My lips part with horror and anger. How dare he. He was willing to rape me, but when I am wanting it, he says no?! I glare at him.

"I hate you." I bite out, tears rolling down my cheeks as I turn to exit the room.

"Emily!" Drew calls after me, but I am nearly halfway down the stairs by the time his voice reaches my ears. I hurry towards my bedroom where I collapse on the bed in defeat and let out a pathetic sob.

I feel my wolf pace in my mind, her movement weak and pathetic. I know what is going to happen. I know that she will die and I will never have her presence again. I will never be able to go to her for guidance or protection. She is going to leave me and I will be nothing but a human.

It will be alright. She says in a soft voice. I shake my head, staring up at the ceiling as she lays down in the back of my mind. She is dying. You don't need me, Emily. You are a strong woman and everyone here will protect you.

Without you, the mate bond with Samuel will break. He will throw me out. I tell her, closing my eyes and focusing all my attention on her. I don't want to take this time for granted. It may be the last few words I say to her.

Samuel loves you. With or without me. She says. I let out a snort.

He doesn't love me. He's not capable of love.

Then why is he at the door? I sit up with a start, looking over to see Samuel standing in the doorway, giving me a pitiful look as he walks over to me.

"What do you want?" I snap at him. He doesn't respond, only sits by my feet on the bed. I watch his every movements, wondering what he was going to do to me.

"I will not take you, Emily." He says. I roll my eyes, biting the bottom of my lip. "No, listen. I will not take you when you do not love me. I will have your love and your affection when we join together. I will not have this be an act without some sort of passion. I want nothing more than to save your wolf, but I will never live with myself if you regret our joining for the rest of your life."

Guys, this is just a preview. Not sure when the next update will be out, but here you go!!!