The Dungeon

I walked down a long hallway with the guards on either side and behind me. I felt like I was attending my own funeral procession. The further I walked away from the throne room the darker the hallway got. There were pictures of the Red King in different poses hung all down the hallway. What a conceited king, I thought.

I was lead to some stairs that went down to an open doorway. It was dark and I didn't know what the dungeon looked like on the other side but I didn't want to know either.

The guards let me go as one of the guards nudged me with his staff. We walked down the stairs where the room opened up to a large space with a lot of cells. One of the guards grabbed me by my arm threw me into a cell roughly. "Enjoy your time in this place. You won't be here for very long." The guard laughs as he slams the cell closed, locking it and then walked away.

I rubbed my arm where the guard had grabbed me. I grabbed the bars and looked around the room. I was put in a small cell, smaller than my room. There was enough room to curl up and sleep but that was all. I picked up what looked like a blanket with my fingers. It was dirty, discolored and had an awful smell. "Ew gross, Could they at least give me a clean blanket?" I said as I tossed it to the side.

"Some people aren't even lucky enough to have a blanket in their cell", a cryptic voice said from a few cells down.

"Well, you can certainly have mine. I'm more than happy to give you this one." I said having enough of it all.

I started pacing back and forth trying to figure out how to get out of the cell and then the dungeon. I noticed that there were 4 cells against the wall, including mine. There were also 4 cells across from ours. All the cells seemed to be too small to be comfortable, but there was no need if they weren't going to be there for long. There was a hallway between the strips of cells that went from the entryway to what I assumed was more cells in the back.

The wall was made out of some kind of smooth stone. I ran my hand over the stones that had scratches in them. It looked like tally marks as if someone was counting the days. The last tally mark dragged as if the person before had given up counting. There was a small window in the room before the cells started, enough for the light to come in but not enough for a body to squeeze out.

Every once in awhile I could see the shadow of legs passing by. I assumed it was the Red King's' guards walking by. "I must be underground," I said to myself. I couldn't figure out where I was located at since I didn't get a chance to see the castle because of stupidity. I started to become frustrated and irritated that I was in another situation.

"You planning on getting out?" I heard a voice in the distance ask, "you've been staring at that window for a while. You know there is no escape, right?"

"Are you in here for being so negative? No one asked for your help!" I belted out.

"No. No one asked, but you should be careful who you push away. They might be the very one you'll need help from." The voice had become a bit more mysterious.

"I'm sorry. I'm just so frustrated. I let my words fly out of my mouth before I take the time to stop and think." I said as my eyes began to water up. "That has always gotten me into trouble. I came here for help and now I'm stuck in this cruddy dungeon instead." My emotions got the best of me as my words became blubbery and hard to understand.

"Calm down sweetie. Here have some bread." the voice said to me. A small hand reached out into my cell between the bars and hands me a small piece of bread.

I sniffled trying to reel back my tears, "Thanks." I reached out to grab the bread when it hit me. "How did you get over here?" I tried to grab the hand but it was pulled back before I could do anything.

"You should be careful who you..."

"Push away," I said cutting the voice off. "How did you get out of your cell? You were in the cell farthest away." I said still in shock. "Do you know how to get out of here?"

"Hhmm, maybe I do, maybe I don't. Would I still be in here though if I did? The voice asked.

I rolled my eyes as I felt like Yeon was going to pop out at any second, but he didn't. I kept telling myself to remain calm and not explode in anger. I felt like I was dealing with Yeon's mind games again. I did not know why Yeon wouldn't tell me how to get out if it was him.

"Please, you have to help me get out of here!" I pleaded.

There was nothing but silence. I sighed and looked down at the bread that was still in my hand. I took a bite and started to feel weird. My stomach was not happy and a crazy feeling started to flow over my body.

"What's going on?" I asked, afraid of what the answer was going to be.

There was giggling echoing down the hall, "magic bread" the voice responded.

"Magic bread? Are you trying to-" before I could finish my sentence my hands began to shrink, then my arms shortened, "What in the world?" I looked around as the cell got bigger around me and I shrank to the size of a cell phone.