Prologue

Louis wasn't always so happy and smiley. No, there was a time when he was frowning and suffered from depression. That was when he was 18 and a loner. He had no friends; his family paid more attention to his sisters than to him, and was failing school. Eventually his parents found out, and they moved to London for a fresh start. I guess things happen for a reason, because all of a sudden, he became friends with three new people.

Zayn, Liam, and Niall.

It was when he first walked in the school doors that a hyper blonde knocked him over. He and Niall became close instantly, and Niall introduced him to Zayn and Liam soon after. They all sort of clicked, and began to hang out together frequently.

Louis became rather popular. Girls fawned over him, he was captain of the football team, and teachers loved him. He was never good at school when it came to work; he even failed a grade once. He was the oldest at the school, apart from the teachers, due to him having to repeat a year.

As senior year ended, Louis realized that university wasn't really appealing. His parents were fairly disappointed. Nevertheless they supported him as Louis came up with a replacement. A teashop. At first his mum laughed, thinking he was joking. But no, he was relatively serious. Once realizing he truly wanted this, she paid for the shop, and thus Spot 'O Tea was made.

Being British, tea was fairly popular. Louis always was fond of the drink, his favorite being Yorkshire. While Louis was working on his dream, Liam was in uni, along with Zayn. Niall had decided to stay back and work with Louis.

They were the closest aside from Niall and Zayn. Zayn was Louis' partner in crime, while Liam was his polar opposite. Louis is more playful and devious, while Liam is extremely serious and sensible. Being that, they are still quite close, and had each other's backs when the other truly needed them.

Louis lived with his mum until about the age of 20. It was then he decided it was time to move, feeling responsible enough to live on his own. His mum cried that day, and his sisters were quite glad to have a room to fight over.

Him and his mum weren't too close, mostly because she had to care for his 6 other siblings, but they had their moments. Louis and his stepfather Mark were very close, though. He was the one who realized how depressed Louis was. Louis did go to a therapist, and though it took a while, he soon was happy enough that the dark period he had was soon forgotten.

A year went by after living alone, and Louis had never felt happier. He had great friends, an amazing family, not to mention a rather famous teashop. Yes, Spot 'O Tea had become surprisingly popular. Mark paid for the shop, as well as helped remodel it.

It's quite small, but it had a homey sense to it, with booths and tables scattered around. They serve muffins and cookies, some fruits, and on Sunday they serve breakfast. Louis was always the type of person that wanted to live in a small neighborhood, but living in Doncaster, and now London, it was impossible. He made Spot 'O Tea as a place where teens can come a chat, and old friends can catch up.

Spot 'O Tea happens to be a very popular shop, teens came in after school and hung out, sometimes having dates there. That just made Louis realize how lonely he is, but he didn't mind too much.

Louis' sisters came in with friends, and also to ask for help with homework. Tutoring sessions happened inside, and families came in to get a drink and talk. It wasn't just a teashop, it was more of a hang out area to relax and feel comfortable. Louis didn't mind if people just came in to get a cup of tea and talk. Just like the name said, Spot 'O Tea, that's all they have to get. He enjoys people using it as a place to catch up.

The shop only had four employees, as not many were needed. Niall and Eleanor are servers. Louis works as the cashier, and Josh makes the tea. Louis is the owner, but he is always at the shop. He loves it; it's like his second home. He's actually more comfortable there than at his own home.

He mainly does what he needs, if they are in need of an extra waiter he's there, or simply cleaning tables, dishes and sometimes helping with making the tea after school hours. Working in such a popular shop gives you the benefit of making new friends and getting to know people. There are quite a lot of regulars that catch your interest, however there's one in particular that catches Louis' eye.

Maybe it's the curly hair, the sad greens eyes, and the frown on his lips. Maybe it's the trench coat he seems to always be wearing. Or the beanie that he wears occasionally. Perhaps it's the random timing. The boy entered the shop for the first time all of a sudden a month ago. However it could be that the boy is always alone and doesn't talk unless he's ordering something.

He just sits and stares outside the window, in corner of the café, completely alone. He would be there for hours, as if avoiding something, maybe procrastinating. It could be that this nameless boy comes in everyday at the same time. 9pm. Every night, never once has he skipped a day. And Louis knows, because Louis just stares at the boy, worried. However, it's not because of the constant showings. No, it's because of the bruises that scatter this young lad.

But why does Louis care so much for a boy he's never once talked to, and doesn't even know the name of?

-

instagram: hazandtae