Chapter 5

It's February, and Harry's birthday was recent. He went with his boyfriend on a cruise for a week, and I honestly missed him. A lot. Over the month we've become closer. Everyday he'd come by as usual, and I'd get off earlier. Then we would go to my flat until about eleven. We would watch movies, eat, joke around, play video games. Basically we just hung out and relaxed.

I never met Harry's boyfriend before. Harry talks about him often though. He told me that they met in college and Nick, his boyfriend, was studying to be a therapist. He's 24, and apparently is 'the sweetest guy ever'. Said by Harry.

I tolerate his ongoing rambling about how amazing and nice and cute and – okay, no. I don't tolerate it, I basically ignore it. Why? Because I'm jealous. Jealous as fuck. I hide it well though; I just nod and give fake smiles to seem polite. I don't want to hurt the boy's feelings.

As for those bruises, whenever I spotted them I'd question where they came from. Harry would always say how he hit his head, tripped, and banged his arm, et cetera. Basically he lied. I know he did.

Those bruises weren't small, they are always big and it seems impossible to get a bruise on your neck by accident without intentions. I wouldn't pressure him, though. We just started talking a little over a month ago so of course he won't come to me about whatever he's going through.

It's February seventh, and Harry is coming back today. He texted me often during the trip, everyday actually. He never called though. He says his boyfriend is getting jealous of us getting close and doesn't want to upset him. I understand, but also I'm kind of sad about that because, really, I'm jealous of them.

"Hey, Lou!" I turned to Eleanor and smiled as she said, "Liam, Danielle, and I are going to the movies tonight, want to come?"

I shrugged carelessly, "Sure what time?"

"Six o'clock, Niall said he'd watch the shop for us so we can go!" She beamed and I looked to the clock to see that it was already 5:30.

"Okay, let me get ready and I'll meet you outside," I told her and she agreed. I sighed and walked to the back room, taking off my apron.

"So you and Eleanor?"

I jumped, startled, and chuckled seeing a smirking Niall, "Me and Eleanor what?"

"Aren't you guys going on a double date?" He questioned, turning back to the beaming Eleanor on the phone outside the shop.

I rolled my eyes and fixed my hair slightly in the mirror that was hung up while saying, "It's not a date, besides I like Harry."

"Still?" Niall gaped with an appalled tone, "Isn't he dating that Nick lad?"

I frowned, "Yeah. But I don't even like El. She's just a friend."

"Whatever you say, Lou," Niall snickered, "But you might as well give it a go. It seems Like Harry really likes this Nick bloke."

I glared at the blond, "Shut up! And I don't care, I'm going now on my not date. Lock up the shop, yeah?"

Niall caught the keys I tossed at him, and saluted me playfully as I stuck my tongue out at him before rushing out the door. I turned and saw Eleanor leaning against the wall, waiting for me patiently.

She was dressed in a green button up tank top with black skinny jeans. Her hair was a chestnut brown color and slightly curly. Honestly, she's pretty. And if I wasn't crushing on Harry, I'd date her, but sadly I just can't see myself with her.

"Hey, Lou," She smiled, tucking her phone in her purse that was hanging off of her shoulder. It is a simple brown bag with golden buckles.

I nodded in a gesturing way, "Hi, are we meeting them there?"