Chapter 3

After the night ended and we closed up shop, it was around 10:30 and I walked to my flat. The flat is close, due to me wanting to be near the shop, it wasn't that far to walk. I'm also not to far from my mum, my sisters, and Mark. It was intentional to be as near them as I could be.

Speaking of sisters, as soon as I walked into my flat, my phone began to ring. I pulled it out of my pocket, and smiled at the caller ID: Lottie. Unlike most siblings my sisters and I don't bicker or fight a lot.

"Hey, Lottie," I greeted, closing my flat door.

"Hi, Lou," She greeted quietly on the other line, "We haven't heard from you in a while."

I frowned, "M'sorry, Lottie. I guess I've just been busy with the shop and all. How about you and Fizz come by after school tomorrow?"

"Really? Okay. I have to go to bed, see you tomorrow? Love you," She said, sounding ten times happier.

"Love you, too. G'night." As I hung up I felt immediately guilty.

I never really thought about how much time I spent at Spot O' Tea. I don't have a girlfriend, my friends work with me, and I never thought my family would mind barely seeing me. I guess it has been a while since I last saw them. I miss them a lot.

I sighed, taking off my jacket and hanging it on the hook before kicking off my shoes. I made my way to my room, not bothering to shower; I can do that in the morning. I changed into pajamas before plugging in my phone and jumping in bed, drifting into a dreamless sleep.

-

When I woke up, it was to my phone alarm. I groggily grabbed it turning off. I saw it was 7:00, and reluctantly got up, stretching my arms over my head, and went to the bathroom to take a quick shower. When I got out, I dried off and changed into tan jeans and a white button up shirt, then put on my vans. I went to the bathroom and fixed my hair, styling it into a messy quiff, then brushed my teeth.

I grabbed my keys and phone before exiting my flat, and made my way down the street to Spot 'O Tea. As I entered, the bell over the door gave a ring, and Niall and Eleanor looked like they were in a deep conversation. The stopped, realizing I had entered, and continued cleaning. I brushed it off and walked over, putting on an apron and grabbing a broom to help, "So what were you guys talking about?"

"Nothing," They both responded, and Eleanor blushed.

I raised an eyebrow, "It seemed rather important."

Before either could respond, Josh walked in and Eleanor immediately rushed over and talked to him. Niall left for the back room, saying that he was going to clean some dishes. I huffed in frustration, but let it go.

For now.

-

Around 5 o'clock, I heard two familiar voices shout, "Louis!"

I chuckled and turned to see my two of his five sisters, Fizz and Lottie. They're the oldest of five. Fizz is 12 and Lottie is almost 15. We have two little sisters who are twins, Daisy and Phoebe. They're both 8 and are actually my half-sisters, but we consider ourselves full. Then there's Georgia, who is Mark's daughter, our stepsister. She's 13, but we don't see her much because she lives with her mum.

"Hey, guys!" I smiled, and they ran into my arms. After the hug, we made our way to a booth that was empty. I had Niall get us some tea, and we began chatting, "So how're mum and the trouble twins doing?"

Lottie chuckled, "They're good, Mum misses you bunches."

"So does Phoebe and Daisy," Fizz added.

I bit my lip, guiltily, "I know, I miss them, too. I'll come by and visit soon."

They nodded, and the conversation continued. After a few hours, they left because they had homework, and mum picked them up. When I saw her, I gave her a big hug, and promised to come by soon.

When I walked back in the shop, I saw Niall and Eleanor once again talking. The conversation seemed really intense, and Eleanor looked as though she was going to cry, while Niall seemed to be comforting her. I walked off, leaving them, because it would be rude to just sit and stare. But there was one thought in my head.

What's going on?

-

It was nine when I heard the bell ring, announcing that a customer had walked in. I looked up from the checks and saw Harry going to sit at his usual table in the corner. I smiled. He looks beautiful as always. Niall went to get Harry's order, and soon came back; giving Josh the order, then turning to me. I looked up, seeing him smirk, "Go talk to him again."

"You sure you don't need any help?" I asked, really wanting to talk to Harry.

He rolled his eyes and pushed me slightly, so I chuckled and got up, taking off my apron. They gave me his tea, and I walked over, tapping his shoulder. He looked up and smiled, "Hi, Louis!"

I grinned, and handed him his tea, "Hey. Here's your tea."

"Thank you," he said, taking a sip.

"Mind if I sit with you?" I asked, and he shook his head, allowing me to join.

I sat across from him, and saw that the bruise on his neck was fading slightly. I ignored it, though. It seemed as if he wouldn't talk about it, anyways. We began chatting, and it was as if we knew each other for years. I told him that I have five sisters and a step dad, while I found out he has one older sister named Gemma and a stepsister, the one that people thought was abused. She lives with her mum now, but allows Robin, his step dad, to visit.

After about a half hour, I saw the place was getting crowded,"Hey, do you want to come by my flat? We can watch a movie or something."

He seemed hesitant, but soon grinned and nodded.