Chapter 24

CAPTURE THE FLAG!!!!!!!!

Percy's POV

I had made an alliance with Athena and the hunters, against everyone else, so we had a pretty good chance at winning.

When we were going over our battle plans, I angered the hunters and literally had to get on my hands and knees and beg them to let me be on their side. I was staring at annabeth, not paying attention, so when Phoebe the hunter asked me to say what I think we should do, I said kiss. She flipped out, and judo threw me to the ground and was chocking me until I finally told her why I said that.

She still doesn't trust me.

We had set our flag on Zeus's fist. The hunters had a girl hiding in every tree, the Athena cabin had set lots of traps and some were going to find the flag but not take it, while others defended the flag. When the group finding the flag came back knowing where it was, annabeth, Thalia, and I would go get it.

I waited around the flag for a while, waiting to know where the enemy flag was, when I heard the hunters warning signal that someone was coming, three short whistles. There was a wiz of arrows flying, and the all clear whistle was made, one long whistle.

All of a sudden, Malcolm, Annabeths half brother came running, out of breath.

"Flag.. dangling.. from... thalias pine tree... taking anyone near... hostage... I barely got away..." he wheezed.

Annabeth Thalia and I ran towards Thalia's tree.

We were almost there when we were stopped. we knocked our attackers to the ground and kept running. the tree looked unguarded, but I knew better.

I looked at annabeth and Thalia and nodded, we had to take the bait. we ran up to the tree and I grabbed the flag. as soon as I grabbed it, people came jumping from the tree.

I passed the flag to annabeth, who passed it like a hot potato to Thalia, who took off into the woods with it, the other team close behind. we ran behind them and pushed them into cleverly placed traps.

Thalia was about 200 feet from our side, when she was tackled by Clarrise.

Clarrise held the flag above her head in triumph, so annabeth dove over Clarrise, grabbing the flag, and started running.

She was tackled by some chubby guy and couldn't get up, so I grabbed the flag from her, and brought it to our side.

Our team lifted annabeth Thalia and I up and cheered. We won!