04

Jeongguk couldn't believe that he finally managed to get out of his apartment with Hyun, couldn't thank the God more that he wasn't cranky today. Along the drive to see Hoseok, all he did was praying the baby didn't throw tantrums or he would consider leaving him on the street. His focus was barely on the road with Hyun in the baby car seat, making sure he was occupied with the soft toys that Jeongguk had brought along.

Pulling into an empty parking lot, Jeongguk carried Hyun in his arms and stepped out of the car. It was a relief that the studio was empty from anyone today so he didn't have to dress in disguise to cover himself. Everyone who knew Hoseok would knew him since it's safe for him to say that they're always seen walking around the campus together. Hoseok was also a film major but he developed a hobby in dancing so there Jeongguk was, already on his way to the dance studio which Hoseok always practiced at.

The bass blaring out the speakers made Jeongguk's heart thump against his chest. Noticing the change of Hyun's facial expression, he quickly patted his small back gently before making his head lean against the circle of his chest, a rather soft hush instinctively left his mouth. Jeongguk made his way towards the only lit up room, the music gradually becoming louder as he approached the room at the end of the hallway.

Turning the knob with one hand, Jeongguk pushed the door slowly, craning his neck only to saw a figure standing across the mirrored wall. The fog formed on the mirror proved that he had been practising for a while, but he wasn't shocked to see that considering Hoseok was really passionate when it comes to dancing.

Upon hearing the sound of footsteps, Hoseok turned around, a wide smile etched on his face before he strode to turn the music off. Despite him catching his breath, Hoseok didn't take much time to squeal when he saw the baby in Jeongguk's arms, almost neglecting his body which was still desperate for oxygen when he jogged towards the other guy.

"Oh look who's here!" Hoseok hollered, his voice echoed through the room. Before he could take Hyun out of Jeongguk's arms, the baby cried, making the orange-haired guy step back in no matter of time.

"You just scared him!" Jeongguk snarled before he bounced the baby slightly, his palm found its way to rub his back. Hoseok was dumbfounded when Jeongguk walked towards the mirror, random baby talk came out of his mouth as he tried to distract Hyun with their reflection.

Maybe the saying that having a baby turns you into a mature person was true after all. Hoseok had never expected to see that coming from Jeongguk, not when his friend had claimed that he had zero knowledge in parenting and he never had any cousins around Hyun's age. The first day Hyun came into Jeongguk's life, Hoseok remembered him complaining about taking care of a baby, even cursed under his breath when Hyun literally did nothing wrong. But that was from two weeks ago. Now there Jeongguk was, calming the baby down like a pro.

"You look like a father." Hoseok teased, plopping onto the floor with his eyes fixated on Jeongguk.

Jeongguk snickered as he glanced at Hoseok for a split second. "I have to keep this baby alive. Do I look like I have a choice?"

Hoseok kissed his teeth, however couldn't deny that the later indeed had no choice other than taking care of the baby. "I can see that you are coping up well. Well done for that." Catching his breath, Hoseok leaned backward with his hands propping up his upper body. "Who's going to look after him once the classes start?"

Jeongguk sighed as he looked down at Hyun, saw that the baby had calmed down a bit though his eyes were still teary. Two weeks living with Hyun unknowingly had turned him into an observant person, and he could say that he could understand Hyun a bit now. Just like what happened earlier; Hyun wasn't really friendly with people he just met, but it wouldn't take forever for him to open up to them. Just like what happened when Jeongguk first had him—he remembered staying up the whole night because Hyun wouldn't stop crying, and Jeongguk was so close to leaving him alone in the apartment and sleep in a hotel instead.

"That's the problem." Jeongguk hissed. "I found a babysitter but I might or might not have fired her."

"What?" Hoseok chuckled breathlessly. "You fired her? What did she do?"

Once Jeongguk made sure Hyun had calmed down, he made his way towards Hoseok and sat down just next to the latter. Their attention diverted to Hyun who was sitting on the floor, and just like that, another woah filled the air.

"I found out that he can sit on his own now." Jeongguk raised his eyebrows, a proud father-like smile formed on his lips. "Anyway, back to the babysitter." Letting out a heavy sigh, Jeongguk turned to Hoseok, causing the guy to frown. "Do I look like some kind of guy who would bang women?"

Hoseok couldn't hold his laughter when he heard that from Jeongguk, the way his face painted with a hint of frustration made everything funnier.

"You? Banging women?" Hoseok burst into another round of laughter. "You- you don't even have a girlfriend!"

"That's lowkey an insult but you are right." Jeongguk huffed. "Apparently the stupid babysitter thought Hyun is my son, so she deadass said that I banged someone without thinking the consequences and all. And she was so mad because I didn't pay enough attention towards Hyun." Jeongguk paused to look at Hyun, continued when he saw the little boy looking around the practise room in awe. "She could ask me what happened but she chose to insult me."

"You should tell her what actually happened." Hoseok suggested, now had laid on the floor with his hand aimlessly poking Hyun's sock-covered feet.

"She doesn't even know me yet she accused me for fucking around. I have no reason to tell her why Hyun is here."

Hoseok shook his head lightly. "It's just a misunderstanding, Jeongguk. Grow the fuck up and talk it out with her. Well, for the sake of your reputation, at least?" Sitting up, Hoseok then raked his fingers through his damp hair. "You don't want to be labelled as a fuck boy, do you?"

Jeongguk chewed the inner of his cheeks before rubbing his face in exasperation. "Help me find a new babysitter for Hyun."

Hoseok scooted towards Hyun, fingers squishing his cheeks slightly. "Hyun, do you want a new babysitter? Do you want your- wait, Jeongguk. What did Hyun call you?"

Jeongguk only could open his mouth but no words managed to come out. The question made the gears on his mind stopped for a split second, had never thought of that since he had never addressed himself as anything every time he interacted with Hyun.

"Daddy?" Hoseok suddenly asked. "Hyung?"

"D- daddy?"

a/n — please read
i can't believe that almost everyone thought that Hyun was the one who said "D- daddy" at the end 😅 i thought i didn't have to mention that Hyun couldn't talk yet so obviously it was jeongguk who repeated after hoseok. jeongguk was taken aback by the question and that's why he stuttered.