23

It just hit his realisation that he had never brought Hyun out to a public place and for that, this was the first time Jeongguk showed him to the outside world. He didn't know if Jimin or his girlfriend ever brought Hyun to a public place considering Jimin's status as a young, unmarried CEO who turned out to be everyone's heartthrob (he heard that from Hoseok). Jeongguk wished he could show the world how shitty Jimin's personality was, wished he could make them open their eyes wide to notice the facade he had been wearing. It disgusted Jeongguk to the core to imagine Jimin's bright smile and his high pitch laughter, and God, no matter how he tried to look for the blonde's said charms, he just couldn't understand which part of Park Jimin that made him have all women wrapped around his pinky fingers. Maybe it's because his status and the money, but no, Jeongguk swore to God that even if he's a homosexual, he would never find Jimin attractive because his personality was a textbook definition of shit.

Another one thing he wished not to happen was bumping into someone now. Jeongguk wouldn't call himself the popular one among the sorority, in fact he's just the so-so guy though Hoseok once told him he would get a girlfriend faster than could doze off in the midst of the lecture if Jeongguk stopped acting way too cold, and of course, started to have the interest to approach women first. He couldn't deny the latter, yet he didn't feel like doing as told, not when being in a relationship would only make his life go downhill if we're talking about his current life. Jeongguk didn't want to be tied to anyone or any commitments. He wanted to live his life to the fullest now because they said you only live once, so Jeongguk didn't want to be held down by anything.

Everyone knew he preferred to be single (as for now), and seeing him shopping groceries with a baby would be enough to spread stupid rumours.

A small snicker left his mouth, couldn't help but grimace as soon as they entered the supermarket. Jaehwa was totally oblivious of the change in Jeongguk's demeanour for her to be absorbed into the shopping list she had written beforehand. The only person who could see him scowling was Hyun who's sitting in the baby seat of the trolley, looking astounded as ever upon the sight of people hustling around and the grass-like scent. Jeongguk raised an eyebrow instinctively when Hyun craned his neck to look over Jeongguk's shoulder, mumbles of incoherent words left the boy's mouth that it made Jeongguk chuckle a bit.

"Same, Hyun. Same." Jeongguk obviously had no idea what the little boy meant by his mumbles and baby noises, but he chose to translate it into what he felt right now. "I hate this place too. We are on the same boat." Jeongguk pushed the trolley along the vegetables aisle, with Jaehwa walking ahead of them, eyes roaming on the greens.

No word was spoken as Jaehwa put everything they (or maybe she) needed into the shopping trolley. From vegetables that Jeongguk himself had no idea those kind of plants existed to fruits that he guessed would help Hyun's growth—at this rate he literally relied everything on Jaehwa. Stuff were thrown into the trolley without a limit, and every time they walked pass an aisle, Jeongguk wished Jaehwa would be understanding and smart enough to know the after effect of taking a break from gambling.

"Do you need anything else , Guk?" Jeongguk's head jerked to Jaehwa's direction upon hearing the nickname, yet he didn't ask her to call him by his full name instead. Maybe it's because she's so into the shopping that she didn't realise the word slipped out of her mouth, so Jeongguk decided to shrug it off this time.

Jeongguk recalled if he needed anything, ended up shaking his head. "I think no."

Jaehwa turned around, those wide, glistening eyes once again bored into Jeongguk's. "Are you sure? Snacks? Drinks?" It's funny and almost absurd how observant she was. Or maybe it's because she had come over his apartment way too often that she could read Jeongguk like an open textbook now. Knew that Jeongguk used to depend on the snacks for his dear life.