11

Jaehwa was used to be awaken by her phone ringing in succession but today, she was awaken by something patting all over her face. She decided to ignore it and go back to sleep, but a baby-like noise, something close to panting was the one that flickered her eye open. The first thing she saw was the ceiling above her, before her gaze averted to the baby who's already lying on his tummy, his head was craned as he tried to poke Jaehwa's cheek.

Gears on her mind were barely moving when Jaehwa sat up, but once everything finally hit her logic, she gasped so hard. The existence of Hyun next to her wasn't the biggest problem here but this, to wake up in Jeongguk's bed was the thing that irked her the most.

The whole room showed who Jeongguk really is, or maybe it's Jaehwa who was good at reading people that she could tell that the way the room was decorated resembled Jeongguk in all possible ways. The wall painted in light grey complemented the all-white furnitures. Despite him and his habit to hang out and going home late at night (which gave Jaehwa such a bad impression) it amazed her how hygienic Jeongguk was—the fresh laundry smell radiating off his bedsheet explained it all. Summing it up, the guy liked simplicity and minimalism, preferred plain colors over patterns.

The absence of any women caught her by surprise, since she had expected to see at least one picture of Hyun's mother anywhere in the house. The only thing hung on the wall was the clock, but on his desk, placed a few photo frames which she believed the people were his family members. Jaehwa swallowed before she looked down to Hyun again, the baby's focus was still fixated on her as if he could sense that Jaehwa was shaken by her surrounding.

Fixing her tousled hair, Jaehwa's eyes scanned the room again, and this time she found something more interesting than pictures of his family member. Next to the computer, Jaehwa spotted a small, kinda tattered passport photo of mini Jeongguk. Maybe he's around 5 years old in the picture but she could see how some of his features remained the same. Those bunny teeth and bambi eyes, the way the corner of his eyes crinkled when he smiles and the scrunch of his nose—Jaehwa did not realise that she had been smiling as her mind compared the mini Jeongguk with the all grown up Jeongguk. Though she could barely see Hyun in him, she couldn't deny that Jeongguk was really cute and adorable.

"Oh right. Your daddy." Jaehwa choked on thin air before she frantically carried Hyun from the bed, her legs making their way to exit the bedroom. It was only 5 in the morning—God, how could a baby wake up this early, was swimming at the back of her mind now—and the Sun was still nowhere to be seen, of course. It felt like she woke up in the middle of a night that she couldn't see anything if there weren't any lights on. "Did he even come home?"

Jaehwa shuffled towards the kitchen, saw how the sink was empty from anything, the mugs arranged on the kitchen counter remained untouched thus showing that Jeongguk did not come to the kitchen. Her blood now had started to boil—the mere thought of the guy letting her looking after Hyun and ran away from his responsibilities were something that Jaehwa couldn't simply shrug off. She tried to calm herself by taking a deep breath, sparing a glance at Hyun who was staring at her with big eyes.

"Hyun, what if daddy isn't home yet?"

A blink and a small smile. Hyun smiled upon the word daddy, and in just a blink of an eye, the flame inside her that was caused by Jeongguk was extinguished. Jaehwa ran her fingers in Hyun's thin hair, noticed how the little boy's smile grew wider when Jaehwa stroke his hair.

"God, Jeongguk. You have no idea how lucky you are to have Hyun." Jaehwa muttered under her breath. "Do you love your daddy that much?"

Hyun replied with a squeal before his small hands took a full grab of Jaehwa's top, cheeks flushed red before he buried his face in the crook of her neck. His warmth breath made Jaehwa chuckle a bit, but nothing could fascinate her more than Hyun showing his affection towards Jeongguk.

Planting a quick peck on Hyun's cheeks, Jaehwa then decided to head towards the living room but before she could look around, a figure on the couch almost made her drop the baby in her arms.

The living room was only illumined by the city lights coming from the balcony, and with Jeongguk dressed in all black, she could barely see him lying on the couch. On normal basis, Jaehwa probably would have shaken his body and drag him to the kitchen to give him for the parenting lesson she had planned beforehand. But seeing how he curled his body with only a leather jacket blanketing his torso, a wave of guilt washed over her when she started leaning to wake him up. Maybe he really had a group discussion last night because Jeongguk seemed so tired, so worn out. His lips were slightly parted, his backpack lied at the end of his feet, its content almost sprawled onto the floor.

Yes, Jeongguk was an asshole, and quite rude. But ever since they promised to not piss each other off, Jaehwa could say that she noticed how he was more to ignoring her existence now. Knew the more they cared too much for each other, the higher the probability for them to get into another round of fight. So she understood now why Jeongguk didn't bother to say anything to her before he left yesterday, understood why Jeongguk didn't text her anything to inform her he would come home late.

But putting everything aside, Jaehwa was... she couldn't pinpoint what the feeling was but it's something close to touched—touched by his sanity and his gentleman side to not wake her up and ask her to leave his apartment, touched by how Jeongguk volunteered to sleep on the couch without any pillows or blanket (thankfully there's Hyun's Pororo though it's smiling from the floor now), and let her sleep on his bed instead.

Turned out fuck boys had feelings too.

"I'm letting it slide this time, Jeongguk. But once you wake up, get ready for your parenting lesson."

______
a/n:
i wasn't lying when i said i would come back on january 2019 so here i am, spamming you with endless updates.

however, i notice that the readers are kinda... passive? i don't know but it worries me because it makes me feel like you are forcing yourself to read this book. i know that i update too fast, but i'm doing this because i'm too excited to be able to spend my time to write again.

let me know if the story isn't going too well. constructive feedbacks are much appreciated!