BACKSTORY + 500K

__________

THANK YOU FOR 500K READS🥰🎉

_________

PARK Jimin didn't know what to feel as soon as he heard a loud wail. His brain stopped working in no matter of time that he could do nothing apart from staring at the closed door, lips agape for what seemed like eternity when the wail did not show any sign that it would subside anytime soon. This, this moment, finally had came. The moment where he himself did not imagine that things would go this far this early.

Jimin's breath almost stuck at the back of his throat when the door was opened, revealing a midwife with a scrubs on, all smiley as she approached Jimin who was still standing at the hallway like a statue. At this rate, his mind was too hazy as if he just chugged down 3 bottles of alcoholic drinks in one sitting, his nerves were failing on him that even a small movement was impossible. All he could feel was the palpitation of his heart, beating like crazy that it almost jumped out of its cage.

"Mr Park?" The midwife called out. Jimin replied with a rather hesitant nod, didn't know why he had to think twice upon hearing his own name. "Congratulations! It is a healthy baby boy! Both the baby and the mother are fine. You can enter the room now."

"Oh." Was all he could mutter at the moment. Not that he was feigning his emotions, but everything was too surreal that he had lost control on his own body. He thought he had physically and mentally prepared for this, but turned out he was wrong all along.

Imagination and reality; Jimin had no idea there was a huge difference between those two until his feet finally stepped into the room. He had always imagined himself holding a small fragile human being, had always tried to picture how it would be once Dahee gave birth to their baby. He thought he was prepared for everything after he finally could calm down during every checkup (he used to tremble a lot when he saw the scan on the screen), but god, it was totally the other way around at the moment.

He cracked a small smile at Dahee, his girlfriend for 5 years, the woman he loves the most, the one who had sacrificed everything ever since they decided to keep the baby in her womb. Everything happened in just a blink of an eye; with Jimin being so reckless and them being so into each other to the point they forgot the consequence of their deed. The baby in Dahee's arms was never a part of their plan, but the moment she came to his office to tell him about the news, Jimin couldn't lie that it sparked something inside him. The feeling was too alien that he himself could not pinpoint what it was.

He's a young CEO, Dahee was working under a company which had connection with his. Both of them were only 25, too eager to know more about world, too overwhelmed by everything because basically you only live once. But then, when a life suddenly came out of nowhere, they knew, realised that they were so fucked up.

Yet, Jimin came to a decision that they shouldn't get rid of the baby. Of course he wouldn't stop Dahee if she wanted to have an abortion, but he honestly hoped she didn't.

"Jimin-ah." Dahee's faint voice snapped him out of his thought, eyes automatically darted to the woman leaning against the headboard.

"Dahee." Jimin breathed, inching closer to the bed. Now that he's standing just next to the bed and finally could have a better look of the baby, a chuckle spontaneously slipped out of his mouth, his nerves seemed to work again when he instinctively plopped down next to Dahee, his arm draped on her shoulder. "God, is this... our baby?"

"No." Dahee blurted, tilting her head to look at the guy next to her. "I saw him somewhere and picked him up." Jimin noticed how she rolled her eyes, and that for some reason elicited a smile on his face. "Yes, Jimin. This is our ba-"