18

a/n: soft hour: OPEN

Jeongguk had asked Hoseok to come over because who knows he might need help with Hyun, but turned out that friend prioritised his dancing class more than Jeongguk. Even when Jeongguk reasoned him, all he said in return was a big no before a beep sound hit Jeongguk's eardrum. Jaehwa was not a choice for the time being considering she was still trying to get herself together after her discovery about Hyun's status, and she had told Jeongguk that she needed some time to be alone and that also meant not seeing him for a few days, needed to forget what happened first or else she would never be able to look at Jeongguk in the eyes due to the tremendous amount of embarrassment. He wanted to tell her that he was perfectly fine, wasn't that affected to be labelled as a fuck boy because he knew that she was being ignorant and he himself was nothing close to a guy who would grind against any woman's body, but Jaehwa insisted to apologise, even asked him for a few days off because everything , according to her, hit her like a wave.

So there Jeongguk was, sitting on the floor with a book on his lap and Hyun sitting across him, doing nothing but looking at each other rather blankly. Jeongguk had no idea how he should start so that Hyun would enjoy their upcoming lesson, or he should admit that he was scared if the boy would throw tantrums again. Hyun just woke up from his nap so he was wide awake now, but Jeongguk couldn't really say that he wouldn't cry later though it seemed like he's in a good mood today.

"What do you want to learn first?" Jeongguk mumbled to Hyun. "We have communication and motor skills, so where should we start? No, how should we start? Do you want to focus on one thing at once or should we combine them together? What do you think, Hyun?"

A blink and a big yawn. Jeongguk almost sighed, was about to laugh at himself upon realising what he was about to do and how uninterested Hyun looked at the moment. Though he could relate to the little boy so much every time when he was in the lecture hall. The moment the lecturer entered the hall and said something in front, Jeongguk would never be able to stop himself from yawning.

"Don't give me that reaction, Hyun. We haven't started yet." With a heavy heart and a very long sigh slipping out of his lips, Jeongguk opened the book, hands shaking a bit as he tried to look for the motor skills chapter. Silence engulfed them when he read the whole page again just to make sure he didn't miss any warning out, to make sure he did everything right because no word could describe how nervous he was at the moment. This was another level of nervousness, not even close to the one he always felt when he took a seat across the poker table, the weird feeling he felt at the pit of his stomach now was totally different from what he felt the moment he scanned his cards with his eyes, different from the feeling when he waited for his opponents to place their card on the centre of the table. Jeongguk was fully aware that he's not dealing with money now. He's currently dealing with a human, a human who was about to be shaped into his very own personality and for that, Jeongguk was utterly scared.

He wet his lips, incoherent words were muttered under his breath before he closed the book, putting it on the couch instead. With a sharp inhale and a fist pump as a gesture for him to gain some guts, Jeongguk fixed his position by inching away from Hyun. His mind was flooded by determination now, could feel adrenaline flowing through his vein that he could sense the change in the beating of his heart, could hear the thump against his eardrums. Jeongguk never felt this way when he gambled, never felt this kind of adrenaline rush when the determination to win registered on his mind. Maybe it's because he's too used to playing cards that it couldn't make him feel giddy any longer. Maybe it's because this was his first time jumping into the world of parenting that his emotion was all over the place now. Scared yet excited. Nervous yet full with anticipation.