10

"Do you want us dead?!"

Jeongguk didn't notice that he had been running numerous red lights and exceeding the speed limit until Hoseok screamed at the top of his lungs. His grasp on the steering wheel tightened, chest heaving rapidly without he himself knowing that he was trying to control his anger. Talking to Park Jimin was almost identical to talking to a wall, except that his smirk and the way his lips curved never failed to make Jeongguk burst into anger. Something was different about the blonde that Jeongguk had no choice but to curse at him every time they sit and talk. Despite the two years gap of their age , Jeongguk just couldn't bring himself to understand him, couldn't even think there would be a day where they would befriend each other.

Jeongguk didn't know much about Jimin apart from his status as a young CEO. Of course, it's because he's the only heir of Park Corporation, not because he deserved to be positioned that high. After knowing the latter for quite a while, Jeongguk had came to a conclusion that Jimin's father was indeed putting their company at risk, because that shithead named Park Jimin sure wouldn't bring any good.

Jeongguk sighed after he eventually stepped on the brake pedal, causing Hoseok who's sitting in the passenger seat to groan upon the sudden halt. Hoseok had known Jeongguk for almost 4 years, had grown accustomed to the annoyed Jeongguk so he knew he shouldn't say anything at the moment. Realised that he should wait for his friend to calm down first or else he would do nothing but adding fuel to fire.

Jeongguk threw his head back before ruffling his hair out of frustration, the black locks dishevelled by the time he proceeded to rub his face. Hoseok who had been with him since day one everything happened, knew that Jeongguk's current life was totally taking a toll on him. He left his house to live on his own, to have the freedom to do everything he wanted but no, Jeongguk did not sign up for this. He did not sign up to wake up to a baby by his side, did not even dream of becoming a temporary father to a 6-month old baby when all he wanted to do was having fun. If Hoseok were in his shoes, he too, would do the same. Or worse, there's no way for Park Jimin to walk on the surface of this earth after what that stupid blonde had put himself into.

"Jeongguk." Hoseok breathed, hand patting Jeongguk's shoulder lightly. "Don't think about it too much."

Jeongguk's head snapped to the passenger seat in a blink of an eye, catching Hoseok off guard. His bloodshot eyes pierced into the orange-haired's ones, and that was when Hoseok realised that he really should've kept his mouth shut.

"Tell me how not to." Jeongguk spoke in between his unsteady breaths. "Tell me how can I forget what Jimin had done to me. Fuck-"

"Jeongguk." Hoseok swallowed hard. "I know everything is too much for you. But look, it might sound weird to hear this coming from me but... you had done a good job to keep Hyun alive. You are doing a great job at coping, and what is left now is to go through another five weeks and then everything will be over, hmm?" Hoseok noticed Jeongguk had started to breathe normally again, though his grip on the steering wheel was still so tight as if his life depended on it. "Just bear with it, bro. Just a little bit more and then you'll be out of this mess."

"Five weeks. Hoseok, do you know what can happen within those five weeks? You know how my sister is. What if she found out that I am keeping a baby with me? What if she told my parents and then they misunderstood everything?" The questions threw at him made Hoseok's mouth go dry, lips ajar that no words could roll off his tongue. "My dad already hated me for hanging out too much and if he happened to know that I have a baby with me, I- I don't know what would happen. Shit. I can't even imagine what he would do to me. Chopping my dick off maybe."

Silence filled the air as both of them glued their eyes to the empty road. The darkness offered by 1AM somehow made Jeongguk feel like he's currently in a dark, hollow pit. Unable to be saved by anyone, not even Hoseok who knew everything. He had failed his exams so many times, yet he had never felt this scared for his life. Didn't know what had gotten into him tonight that he suddenly considered his life. He did try to let it slide for once, tried to stop thinking about Hyun and his new responsibilities but they would haunt him again as soon as he got nothing to distract him. Just like what's happening now.

After dropping Hoseok off at his house, Jeongguk drove back to his apartment. It's almost 2AM now, and another problem popped on his mind when he pulled into an empty parking lot.

Jaehwa.

His breath hitched when he checked the time. He had promised himself to not burden anyone (though he had paid Jaehwa to look after Hyun) but his anger took the best of him that he couldn't think straight when he left the casino. Too overwhelmed by his anger towards Jimin. Too busy telling himself to stay composed and not taking out his anger on Hoseok instead.

When he reached the doorstep of his apartment, the first thing that caught his attention were Jaehwa's sneakers, showing that the girl was still inside. Body carved with hesitation and guilt, Jeongguk twisted the knob only to see a dimly lit living room and Hyun's soft toys arranged on the couch. A small smile elicited on his lips upon a line of plushies leaning against the couch as if they were greeting him a welcome home, knew that was all Jaehwa's doing.

"Jaehwa?" Jeongguk called out but what he got in return was a deafening silence. He shrugged his jacket off and draped it on the couch, craning his neck to see if there's anyone in the kitchen.

And what Jeongguk saw was pure darkness.

He headed towards the toilet but came into a halt when he walked pass his bedroom. The slight opening of the door gave Jeongguk a view of his bedroom though it was only illumined by the yellow lamp. But his heart almost skipped a beat when he saw two figures lying on the bed.

It sure felt weird to have a woman lying on his bed.

His right foot had stepped into the bedroom but the left one was glued to the tiled floor, couldn't bring himself to enter the room so Jeongguk ended up closing the door and turned his heels. Even if he woke Jaehwa up, it would make him feel bad to ask her to drive home at 2AM and in all honesty, he didn't feel like driving her home either. With a deep inhale, Jeongguk's eyes searched for the jacket he wore earlier, another smile crept onto his lips when he plopped on the couch.

"Hey, Pororo." Jeongguk took the plushie into his hand before squishing the head hard. "Looks like we are sleeping together tonight."