Prologue:

"You're kidding me right?!?" Natsu exclaimed loudly. The sound of his voice echoing around the mansion team Natsu were currently in.

"Dude! Keep your voice down!" Gray hissed, his ears ringing from the impact of Natsu's overly loud voice.

"Oh...I'm sorry!" Natsu said sarcastically. "You're telling me we went through all of that for you not to have any sort of reward at all? Not even food...Awwww man" Natsu whines.

"We do not do jobs just for the reward Natsu" Erza scolds.

"But my rent money~" Lucy whines. Erza sighs as she feels Lucy lean on her shoulder.

"Not quite the time for your immaturity now Lu."

"Oh my god" Gray groans. Wendy giggles softly causing Gray to shake his head.

"We're surrounded by idiots Wendy."

"Oi! Who you calling an idiot stripper?"

"Oh? You want me to strip that can wait can't it?" Gray responds with a smirk causing Natsu to blush lightly.

"T-That's not what I meant!"

The client, who was almost stunned at the current situation waited patiently. Wendy sweat drops slightly before giving the client a small smile.

"Sorry about all of this" Wendy apologies kindly. "We're all...A bit energetic today."

"No...I started this really" the client sighed. Erza cleared her throat in a threatening manner at the two boys before lightly pushing Lucy's head off her shoulder.

"If you do not have the reward it doesn't matter. I'm glad we were of help" Erza states politely. Lucy, now back to her 'usual' self nodded in agreement.

"Aye sir!" Happy cheered

"Wait-" the client paused. A sudden thought flooding their mind.

"You two are dragon slayers right?"

This caught the two said dragon slayers attention. As Natsu stopped his miniature argument to face their 'former' client.

"Yes they are, what of it?" Gray responds quickly. Causing Natsu to glare at him.

"Hey I was supposed to ask something like that!" Natsu yells. Gray skilfully ignores him. His hard gaze never leaving this client.

'You just put yourself on my enemy list' Gray thought angrily. There were obviously something suspicious about this client. Gray has this feeling he couldn't quite shake off the whole misson. Especially since he didn't have any kind of reward not moments ago, and the strange reactions from those from the village just minutes away from their current destination.

"Well...I might have something that may be of use to you" The client responds slowly.

"Really? What is it?" Wendy asks innocently. Oblivious to the glare Gray and Erza seems to be giving their previous client.

"It's a charm. A legend says only a dragon slayer can unlock the power of the charm" The client responds carefully.

"Better then nothing" Natsu states nonchalantly.

"Oh...Sounds kind of interesting thank you!" Wendy politely responds, doing a small bow out of courtesy. The client gives a small smile before walking away to collect the charms. Gray grumbles under his breath causing Natsu to raise an eyebrow.

"What popsicle?"

"I do not trust that guy at all" Gray admits grumpily.

"Nor do I" Erza responds, an assertiveness resting within her tone. Lucy nods thoughtfully.

"Well they do kind of seem suspicious..."

"Kind? Want to repeat that bit again? Very suspicious!" Gray retaliates. "I've had this horrible feeling ever since this mission started and the client is not helping one bit."

"It's probably just you Gray" Natsu yawns. Before leaning his head on Gray's shoulder.

"You don't mind if I just take a nap do you?"

Gray blushes but doesn't respond. Not really knowing what to say.

"I do" Erza responds simply. The client shortly approaches them once more. A small case containing a series of charms. Around fourteen to be exact seven variety of colours. The team stare at them with curiosity, neither really knowing how to react to these charms.

"It's just a myth so they're not really worth much but will be more useful to you then to me overall" the client explains. Erza nods in thanks.

"Yes thank you, I'll get the master to look into them" Erza responds politely.

"Alright. Let's go get back to the guild."

"Aye aye!" Happy responds happily.

Carla rolls her eyes before responding "yes, Wendy has plans."

"Plans?" Lucy questions curiously.

"Yeah! With Cheila! I'm so excited!" Wendy exclaims before skipping down to the exit.

"Come on! Thank you...?"

"Vanderwood."

Shortly after the team except Gray left the building. Leaving Gray alone for the first time with the client.

Gray stares at the client once more before following the rest of his team. Not being able to escape the weird sensation surrounding him, nor understand the unusual aura their previous client held.