Chapter Nine.

A/n: Most of you will know (if you've stuck with my for a while) as an author I'm not exactly consistent. I have phrases where I generally struggle to update...And phrases where I update quite a lot. And at the moment, I'm on the lack of updating phrase. I do apologise but here's another chapter which I tried to write to the best of my ability, hope you guys enjoy it!

-[]-

Sting and Rogue sighed as they left the office earlier events haunting their minds:

-

"I don't see why we can't use them! Imagine all the power we would have" Natsu complains.

"Imagine all the trouble that would cause" Gray rolls his eyes.

"Trouble is my middle name" Natsu grins excitedly. The dragon slayer duo share a knowing look. The same thought captivating both the dragon slayers and the ice-make mage's minds:

'Oh no.'

-

"Natsu, stop it!" Gray yells, watching as Natsu climbs on top of the various bookshelves.

"Oh come on popsicle, live a little" Natsu rolls his eyes, ignoring his mates shouts of protest.

"You and me both know this is a bad idea" Gray warns.

"I agree with Gray, and in addition...The Master took the charms with him remember?" Rogue shook his head.

"Oh yeah!" Natsu exclaimed, jumping down from the bookcases, causing numerous books to topple over as he landed not-so-gently on two feet upon the wooden floorboards.

"I forgot...I'll get em' next time."

-

"How eager he was...Worries me" Rogue admits quietly, meeting Sting's also worried gaze.

"I know, the obvious ignorance of a mates wishes isn't a good thing either" Sting sighs, running a hand through his hair worriedly.

"I mean it wasn't just a coincidence and that he was deep in thought...He generally did not listen. And with his links to Zeref-"

"I know" Rogue replies curtly, not wishing for his mate to finish his statement.

"Oh right, sorry. But the point is this isn't going to end well is it?" Sting questions, wrapping his arm around Rogue's waist protectively, smiling upon seeing Rogue's satisfaction.

"No" Rogue sighs.

"No it isn't."

-[]-

Gray quickly left the office, a mixture of emotions flooding him with each step. Anything that had links with his farther was like the visual representation of warning signs written all across it. However Natsu (oblivious as ever) seemed eager. Eager to try out these charms. Eager for change. Something Gray was definitely not. A confused Natsu followed behind him concern washing over him. Had be done something wrong? Then again, who knows with the ice mage. Natsu knew Gray well -despite the constant fighting- and also knew if he had done something wrong (which seemed very likely) Gray would lock up his emotions before releasing them in one huge 'attack' as Natsu called it.

"Gray?" Natsu questioned, after not receiving a reply he quickly walked faster catching his mates arm.

Panic flooded Gray as he quickly retracted his arm, sending Natsu, who looked incredibly saddened, an apologetic look.  Gray sighed, before pausing mid step. Turning towards Natsu before wrapping his arms protectively around the Fire dragon slayer, encasing him with a hug. Natsu smiles sheepishly, before eventually relaxing into the hug (although he would never admit it) breathing in his mates smell subconsciously. It was... Intoxicating. The scent of winter pine and ironically snow, two gentle winter emotions that opposed Gray's ice like nature. Gray smiles (a rarity for the said mage), a small un-noticeable smile before pulling away the warmth immediately leaving him as he created distance between the two of them.

"Sorry Natsu" Gray says quietly, before intwining their hands together.

"The river?"

"The river" Natsu nodded eagerly, a small grin flooding his features.

-

Natsu grinned eagerly, before kicking his shoes off and slumping down on the river bank. His feet immediately resting inside the shallow contents of the water. Gray shook his head before following in suite, staring unsurely at Natsu's hand, which seemed to be coming closer to him second by second, before shrugging nonchalantly. He was a dragon slayer's mate after all. Natsu slowly intwined their hands once more before grinning at the ice-make mage.

"Now, are you going to tell me about earlier?" Natsu questioned.

Gray sighed, knew this question was coming.

"I mean, what would you like me to tell you? I got nervous as it involved my farther, walked off consumed in my thoughts and-"

"Pictured someone else grabbing you arm didn't you?" Natsu exclaimed, his eyes igniting with the sudden realisation.

"Someone who...Tell me who hurt you I'll pound them!" Natsu growled protectively.

"Natsu calm down, who said they hurt me?" Gray attempted to say soothingly.

"If it was someone who was generally annoying you and you pictured me as them you would just glare at me. Not have a weird anxiety episode" Natsu reasons, before sighing, relaxing his head upon Gray's shoulder

"Don't worry popsicle, I won't let anything happen to you" Natsu yawns. Gray smiles:

"I know you won't."

-[]-

A/n: I hope that was good enough! >.<