Chapter Eleven.

A/n: Hello! Am I forgiven yet? 😂

...Probably not. Anyways here my friends...Is the next chapter!

-[]-

"Crap!"

"Shadow Dragon Roar!" Rouge yells, a mass of black spiralling magic emerging from his mouth before he quickly pulls Sting back. Sting stumbles towards his mate staring wide-eyed at the shadow embodied figure.

"I've...Never seen anything like it" Sting mumbles.

"Nor have I" Rogue admits. The two watching the shadow intently the said shadow was quick to retreat, jumping out of the window leaving the two dragon slayers in a state of bewilderment.

"What the...What was that?" Sting questions before quickly turning around to his mate.

"Are you okay? You're not hurt are you?" Sting questions. Rogue shakes his head -with a small smile-  before standing up from the position he was previously in (crouched by Sting) before slowly making his way to the window. Smirking when seeing the little clues the shadow left behind.

"Whatever it was...It was nothing like your magic" Sting comments before slowly standing up.

"What do you mean?" Rogue questions, sharply turning around the face his mate.

"We're dealing with dark magic" Sting admits before brushing of stray shards of glass off his clothing. Rogue's gaze quickly turns menacing, seeing the various cuts littered on Sting's skin.

"Whatever dark guild it was they're not going to exist for long" Rogue, uncharacteristically, growls.

Sting stares at Rogue in shock before shaking his head.

"Calm down Rogue, it's not a very big deal."

"But it is" Rogue counters, before returning his gaze to the window.

"Quick, grab a container,"

"Huh?" Sting not so silently questions,

"We've got some magic left behind. We can analyse it and tack it down" Rogue informs before raising a brow.

"You look like you've seen a  ghost you know" Rogue chuckles.

"It's a possibility" Sting murmurs. Rogue laughs, resulting in Sting to grin in his direction.

"Oh, and we need to get you healed" Rogue states. Sting rolled his eyes.

"Rogue I'm fine, hons-"

"It's not like it'll take much magic you know. Just, let them okay?" Rogue sighs.

Sting nods hesitantly before venturing into the kitchen returning shortly with a small tub.

"Will this do?"

"Perfect" Rogue nods taking the tub from his mate before slowly sliding the last of the shadow-like mass into tub. Sting stares at it with confusion.

"It's...Like it's dead?" Sting questions.

"It seems so..." Rogue trails off uncertainly.

"Either way it'll tell us something."

Sting nods before and idea comes to mind.

"I know just the person to check it out."

-[]-

"Natsu. Don't. You. Dare"

"What? Awww, come on lighten up droopy eyes!"

"I said no."

"Well, I say yes!"

"I'll personally kill you if you even think about it!" Gray growls. Watching as Natsu attempts to find the charms within Makarov's office.

"Oh come on! I'm not going to use them just...Keep them in case we need them" Natsu reasons.

"Well we won't ever need them so how about you we stop this now?" Gray questions.

"Look" Gray sighs. "It has bad news written all over it." Natsu grins, finally grasping the box before jumping down eagerly. "Yeah! Now-"

"-Natsu, I said no."

"Just wear it for a little while? It's a charm not a funeral invitation" Natsu rolls his eyes. Gray however, shakes his head dismissively.

"I'm aware."

Natsu sighs before taking what would be Gray's charm and putting the rest back. Slipping it into his pocket.

"Natsu" Gray warns "I told you I'm not interested."

"Well you will be" Natsu grins. Gray just huffs before muttering.

"I didn't want to."

"Gray what are you plannin-" Natsu was cut off but Gray tackling him to the ground.

"Hey! Popsicle watch it" Natsu growls. Gray shakes his head before snatching the charms and running out of Makarov's office. One particularly good hiding place coming to mind. Natsu follows quickly behind him, resulting Gray to quickly step in the guild hall. Lucy raises an eyebrow questioningly at the seemingly squabbling couple.

"They never learn" Lucy sighs, before walking away. Lucy pauses mid step before turning around once more and staring at the two.

'They seem more aggressive than usual...'

Lucy shakes her head finding a solution to her concern.

'A little investigation never hurts anybody...Right?'

-[]-