Chapter Eight.

A/n: I'm very sorry I haven't been updating recently. I've been having a few issues but everything's good (...I think?) anyways I'll let you get on with it. And as I keep doing this:

 And as I keep doing this:

This gif is great but...

Is it just me that finds Natsu's facial expression disturbing?

-[]-

"Master!" Freed yelled alarmingly, bursting the guild doors open; alarming the rest of the guild of their presence.

Laxus walked slowly behind him, immediately disliking the attention focused on the two of them.

"What'cha looking at?" Laxus growled. Freed, who completely ignored Laxus threatening tone, proceeded to quickly make his way to the masters office. Dragging a very over protective Laxus behind him.

"Master-" Freed trailer off uncertainly. Finding Gray, Natsu, Sting and Rogue in the office. Laxus raises a brow but says nothing, staring expectantly at the dragon slayers before him.

"Have I missed something?"

Freed sighs, before shaking his head. "...Not quite."

"Yo Laxus! Wanna fight?" Natsu asks excitedly. Gray shakes his head
.
"Idiot."

"What did you say?"

"What are you deaf Flamebrain? I called you an idiot" Gray responds sarcastically.

"Alright that's it! Fire Dragon-"

"Enough!" Makarov yells, alerting the other mages he was now present within the room.

"If you're going to fight, do it outside before you destroy my guildhall. And Laxus,Freed any reason why you're here?" Master states, authority lacing his tone.

"Yes...There is. We've had an issue. We we're almost attacked by some sort of peculiar shadow and it's come to my attention-" Freed was cut off by Laxus's dominating tone.

"Simply, we're screwed because of mages who can bend shadows."

"Bend...Shadows?" Rogue questions, his eyes widening drastically. "How...Is that possible?"

"We're can't conclude they're even mages. They seem to be the embodiment of shadows themselves. As if someone has been enchanting shadows to do their deeds" Freed explains.

"Either way, it effects Rogue" Laxus shrugs. "But we mainly came here as there has been sightings of them all over Magnolia. We agreed when we saw one with our own eyes we would let you know about the whole situation."

Makarov says nothing, making his way to his desk. A serious expression now plastered upon the two previously fighting mages as they waited for their Master's response.

"I must alert the magic council of this. Do not fear children this will be sorted" Makarov reassures, before beginning to organise his stack of papers.

"Now get out of my office brats!"

Natsu laughs loudly, dragging Gray with him.

"See you later then?" Gray questions, Sting nods sending a worried glance in Rogue's direction. Laxus shrugs.

"Not like I have a choice."

Freed sends him a scolding look, before turning his attention to the mages in front of him.

"Best of luck."

Laxus nods before taking Freed's hand and leaving the office, leaving Sting and Rogue behind. Rogue sighs worriedly.

"I don't know what this means, but we'll find out Rogue" Sting states determinedly. Rogue sends a small smile on Sting's direction before nodding.

"Yes...Thank you."

-[]-

Wendy sighs as she makes her way down the road, her hands intwined with her mates. Cheila grins happily, a skip in her step.

"Hey Wen?" Cheila questions.

"Hmm?" Wendy questions, gaining a scolding look from Carla.

"Child! We can't have you becoming rude can we?"

"Sorry Carla" Wendy murmurs. Cheila giggles silently. Wendy sends her a smile before concentrating on the road ahead of her. Cheila suddenly stops, a serious expression finding it's way upon her features.

"Wen, we have a problem."

Wendy immediately gets into a battle stance, her arm held protectively over Cheila's figure. Cheila blushes, but returns the action her blue eyes concentrating on the shadow-like figure that emerged from the depths of the streets. Carla flies above the two, her white angel like wings flapping powerfully on the sky.

"Should I warn Fairy Tail child?"

Wendy nods, sending Carla a small smile.

"Yes please Carla!"

Carla quickly flies away, leaving the two girls alone with the shadow embodied monster.

"Sky God-"

"Sky Dragon-"

"ROAR!"

"Bellow!"

They yelled in unison. Two beams of powerful sky orientated magic firing at the said figure. The figure immediately retreats, finding itself back within the depths of the street.

"What the-?"

"Wendy look out!" Cheila yells, at quickly tackling Wendy to the floor. The said pair narrowly missing a dark mass of magic. The figure once more makes it's presence known before once more hiding within the depths of the shadows.

"O-Oh thanks Cheila" Wendy stutters,  before quickly getting up. Offering her mate a hand.

"They must need time to recharge their magical energy" Wendy thinks out-loud.

"Mhm...Let's do this!" Cheila exclaims, holding her hands out a grin on her face.

"Nothing like a unison raid!"

Wendy nods, before taking her hand.their intwined hands in front of them as two magic circles appear above the two of them, magical energy surrounding the pair of them.

"Unison...Raid!"

"-Sky Drill!"

"-Sky God Boreas"

The shadow like figure collapses upon the ground. Wind like magic seemingly cutting up the areas surrounding him. Cheila and Wendy give each other a small smile of accomplishment, Cheila soon giving Wendy a big grin.

"We did it!"

Wendy laughs before nodding:

"Yeah."