Chapter Eighteen.

Hello! And welcome to- Gratsu chapter 2!
I know I haven't updated in awhile, and I apologise but I've really been struggling recently. I won't go into any detail, but I hope that I get back on my feet soon and continue updating a bit more regularly than before.

Thank you to all that support and continue to support me and my stories on Wattpad; I really appreciate it.
-

Gray slumped down on the kitchen table.

He hated mornings.

Did he mentioned he hated heat too?

Okay, let him his clarify. He especially hates hot mornings. In his mind, there was nothing worse. The morning tiredness that surrounded him amplified by blearing heat. He liked the cold. Cold was good for him. It was soothing, calm and serene. It almost formed a blanket of protection around his very skin. But heat? He can't do. He can barely stand sleeping in bed with Natsu sometimes, he has to admit. Sometimes the blearing heat can get too much. And sometimes, it's just what he needs after a nightmare.

He supposed that was the same in every relationship.

"Hey Gray, what do you wanna eat?" Natsu questioned lightly. Gray lifted his head from the table, and stared at Natsu who was staring at him expectedly.

'That's new, I'm usually the one who makes breakfast as he burns everything.'

"I can do it Natsu. I'd rather waste energy than have burnt ash for breakfast" Gray laughs dryly. Natsu shakes his head at stubbornly and crosses his arms across his chest.

"No, I'm serious. Whatd'ya want? I won't burn it."

Okay. Something was definitely wrong.

"How about some cereal?" Gray suggests lightly, tearing his gaze away from Natsu to the stove wearily. Natsu was acting's weird- even for him. He always rushed downstairs and waited expectantly while complaining for his breakfast to be made. He never offered to do it and he never insisted either. To make things worse, he was certain he wouldn't burn it. Something Natsu would otherwise enjoy to torment the ice-mage.

"If that's what ya' want" Natsu shrugged his shoulders, before walking over to the cupboard and pulling out some bowls.

Gray raised an eyebrow, but decides to assume it's something to do with that damn mating season again. He thought he finished and got away from that last year.

Apparently not.

Gray was brought out of his thoughts by Natsu clumsily placing the bowl and some spoons in front of him. Gray couldn't help but smile, a small smile but a smile nevertheless, shaking his head at his boyfriend's antics. Natsu grinned sheepishly, before placing the box of cereal on the table and taking a seat beside him.

"I wasn't planning on doing a mission today."

Gray sent Natsu a confused glance, picking up his spoon before leaning over for the box of cereal.

"You weren't? I thought we needed to go, to help Lucy gather some rent money. Not that I'm complaining about having a day off."

"Erza said that she and Lucy could go on the mission together alone for a change, but also, I think if we did go we would destroy buildings and lower the prize money anyway."

Gray nodded understanding, before shrugging his shoulder nonchalantly.

"You're probably right."

Gray barely had time to pour his cereal within his bowl and use up the remainders of the milk before Natsu was digging into his own. Fragments of broken cereal springing out of the bowl alongside sprays of milk. Gray laughed, a rare, hearty laugh from the pit of his stomach. Natsu shot up, momentarily forgetting all about his well deserved breakfast to take in the sight in front of him. He rarely saw Gray laugh, and when he did it was never like this. It was a pure laugh, free of the facade that Gray had created all those years ago; and it filled him from his very core with an uncontrollable warmth that exploded within his chest like fireworks. He found himself grinning, his inner-dragon content with the sound of his mates laughter seeing it as evidence for his success.

Success for what?

That Natsu wasn't quite certain of, but all he could assume was that it was the weird, sentimental courting period which lead to all his previous displays. Natsu was only brought out of his thoughts by the said laughter subsiding; and by the growing silence around them. Gray wiped a tear from his eye, before sending Natsu an embarrassed glance in response to his staring.

"What? You don't need to make that big of a deal about it."

Natsu shook his head, shrugging his shoulders nonchalantly.

"Sorry I've never saw you laugh so honestly before; it was... Nice."

The dark, rosy blush that dusted Gray's features was evident, and sent an even more accomplished, warm sensation bubbling within his stomach.
Natsu didn't know exactly what this feeling was. But he did know one thing:

He enjoyed it. He enjoyed the sight of the blush on Gray's pale cheeks, he enjoyed his laugh and his smile; but most of all, he liked the idea of spending the whole day with his mate, and hopefully within his own territory without any interference of any other guild mates.

Gray was his mate after all.

-