Chapter Nineteen.

A/n: Hello- I finally got another chapter out. I'm so sorry about the long wait, I'll try to get another update out next week. Anyway,  I hope you enjoy the chapter. (This mainly focuses on Fraxus- Chendy is the next chapter!)

-

Freed couldn't prevent a small smile creeping upon his lips at the thought of Laxus staying at his place for the night, for a whole evening! He had never been so excited— he could feel the excitement building up inside of him and ready to erupt like a volcano.

What can he say? He could count the amount of times Laxus stayed at his house by choice on his fingers; it had always been Laxus's place if they decided to share a night together and the dragon slayer always seemed hesitant to stay the night. He assumed he enjoyed the security of his own home, knowing where everything was, exactly where to stand without feeling awkward and what to do in different situations.He was also a bit worried, eager to make Laxus feel more comfortable in his home, as if it was his home too; a home they shared together. Freed didn't exactly understand his wishes; he didn't need to. He just knew that this was going to exciting. Fun. Different.

The last adjective caught him off guard for a moment, for one because he was so used to the same, low expectations and another, because of the once more dreaded mating season that plagued the dragon slayers each year. Was he merely at his house because of dragon instincts, and if so— why? Why would his dragon instincts lead him here? Freed shook his head, discarding his own thoughts as if they were rubbish causing Laxus, who was standing at the front door, to send him a confused glance.

'What was all that about?'

As soon as Laxus walked through the front door of his house, Freed jumped up and down in what he could only assume to be a 'fan-boy' moment, before clearing his throat with that adorable blush on his face attempting to appear more composed. Laxus couldn't resist the urge to smile at the notion- some things never change. Laxus had been nervous himself, which is rare for the dragon slayer,  because of the strange thoughts swirling in his mind. He presumed it had something to do with the 'courting' that Wendy mentioned merely a few days ago- how could he convince Freed, they were a good match when it was clear he lacked the love and compassion a typical boyfriend should share. He was far from the boyfriend that Freed deserved- yet Freed got so excited every time they had a date together. He simply couldn't understand it.

It seemed Freed noticed him, lost-in-thought, as he called out to him lightly. Putting a hand on his shoulder as an act of reassurance. Laxus could hear his inner-dragon practically purring at the touch; the touch of his mate. And before he could stop himself he found his arms wrapped around Freed's waist. Pulling him closer as Freed lightly relaxed in his hold, a blush adorning his cheeks as he stuttered helplessly.

"You always stuck by me. Your loyalty to the thunder legion and me was untouchable."

Freed paused, for once in his life he was utterly speechless. Laxus has never opened up to him to this extent, and that thought brought a smile to his face. Was it that... Laxus finally trusted him fully? He could feel Laxus's warm breath against his ear and that merely deepened the blush adorning his cheeks.

"And now it's time to return that loyalty to you, as your boyfriend, and as my mate." 

"You don't need too. I wasn't just loyal to you for the sake of it- I was loyal to you because I admired you, as a leader and as a mage;  I looked and searched for your guidance and trusted it. You have nothing to return."

"If that was suppose to change my mind, it didn't work. Do you have anything good to eat?" Laxus grumbled. Making his way to the fridge with a small blush dusting his cheeks.

Freed smiled, excited to spend the entire evening with Laxus before running into the kitchen. 

"Of course I have- I have plenty of good ideas as well. Shall we do some cooking?"

"Rather you than me, I get to impatient when I cook" Laxus admits sheepishly. Freed just laughs, and Laxus resists the urge to grin at his laughter. His inner-dragon seemed to share his feelings, proud and feeling accomplished at his mate's laughter.

'This is going to be a long night'  Laxus thought to himself.

'But I wouldn't change it for the world.'

-