Chapter One.

Wendy carries the box containing the fourteen charms with a light in her step. Carla scolding her every time the distant sound of metal clanking radiates from the small black box. Gray, on the other hand  was seemingly glaring at the box. Natsu caught him glaring at it a few times and burst out into an 'unidentifiable' laughter which resulted in Erza's fist. Lucy seemed to have a lot on her mind also, fully understanding this 'feeling' Gray keeps describing. She felt it too, however the journey back seemed to of made this more apparent. Shaking her head Lucy hurried after the rest of the group; resisting the urge to scold Happy who was currently ruining his chances of any sort of relationship with Carla. Gray sighed out of annoyance before walking in step with Lucy. Gaining an raised eyebrow in return.

"You can feel it too right?" Gray questions. Lucy gives him a puzzled look.

"The feeling of uncertainty or the feeling of wanting to pound a black box?" Lucy resists the urge to laugh at the annoyed look mirrored on Gray's face.

"Not particularly what I was talking about. But I'm glad you feel it too. There's something up with them charms. It's as if the charms are alluring me to them."

"That's nonsense" Erza responds assertively. Gray sighs before shaking his head.

"You're right. I must just be tired right?" Lucy stares at him before her gaze makes it's way to the box.

'For some reason, I don't think it's just fatigue.'

-[]-

The town was bursting with crowds. The streets flooding with people as they attempt to gather the final preparations and products for the new year. In a matter of minutes Natsu had spotted a restaurant which was immediately declined by Erza. Stating that an Inn should be their top priority. However Gray knew that due to new year's it's not as if they would have much luck. Natsu began to worry over Gray's strange behavior, silently cursing the charms while Wendy once more was oblivious to her surroundings. The only thing on her mind was her mate, Cheila.

Everything for Wendy and Cheila had been going great. It had been around two years now and their relationship was stronger than ever. It was getting to the point Cheila was even considering moving to Fairy Tail guild seeking her mate's presence. However the idea of not being able to see her Cheila filled her with sorrow. She loved Cheila, more than anyone can ever imagine but the idea of missing their 'movie night' as Cheila called it (sitting in the guild and watching Natsu and Gray squabble apparently made quite a good movie.) Cheila even called when Erza dissipated the argument the 'plot twist.' Wendy giggles at the thought earning a few weird glances from bystanders around them.

"I'll have to use a communication lacrima later" Wendy says out loud. Lucy giggles before giving Erza a pointed look.

"I believe Erza has one."

"Ooooh really?"

"Yes I do" Erza confirms, before glancing at the two boys.

"You haven't fought in a while" Erza states blandly.

"I think Gray's fighting with the box more than Natsu" Lucy smirks, gaining a glare from the hot-headed dragon slayer.

"Not the case" Gray comments distractedly. Spotting an Inn probably to Erza liking down the street.

"How about that one?"

"Fight me ice princess!" Natsu exclaims, earning a scolding look from Erza.

"If he isn't fighting you; don't provoke him." Erza responds calmly.

Wendy tilts her head to the side mirroring the confusion she held.

"I thought we were going back to Fairy Tail?"

"We were, but the trains have stopped due to it being new year's and it would take longer to walk back than to stay the night and then go back on the train" Gray explained earning a weird glance from Lucy.

"Sure you are alright?"

"Can we get rid of them?" Gray questions. Lucy sighs before shaking her head.

"No Gray. We need to take them to Levy so she can do some research and then give them to the guild master. If they truly hold a power only dragon slayers can unlock he needs to know about it."

Gray pauses, before nodding.

"I'll quickly pop to the library to do some research of my own. They're really bothering me" Gray warns before searching for a nearby library.

"I'm going to then" Natsu responds, before looking at Erza.

"I can't leave the stripper like this can I?" Natsu grins. Erza gives a small smile before nodding.

"Alright. We'll book the rooms and I believe Wendy has a call to make."

Wendy couldn't help but give a small grin at the thought of the pink-haired god slayer.

'I can't wait to talk to her.'

"Thanks...Alright we'll meet you at the Inn" Gray replies before Natsu begins to drag him along.

"Come on the sooner we get their the sooner we can go to the restaurant!"

"Aye aye sir!"

Carla sighs at their immaturity before turning to Wendy.

"Come on child, it's getting dark."

"Okay Carla" Wendy nods before quickly following the Erza and Lucy. Giggling silently at their entwined hands.

-[]-

A/n: And there's chapter one! I'm already really excited. Hope you enjoyed the chapter!