StinGue Valentines Special:

A/n: Here you are guys! I've released this (as you guys seemed to want me to) and I've sort of -if you've noticed-stepped up the relationship for the ships each time. Beginning with Gratsu- confessions.

Fraxus- next steps in the relationships + dates.

And finally Stingue...!

Oh and this one is quite commercial. 😂

-[]-

Sting grinned excitedly as he made his way through the market. The surrounding atmosphere sending waves of excitement to crash over him.

Sting usually wouldn't resort to market places. Much preferring the comfort of his office in the guild hall or products after missions however this was quite the special case. It was Valentine's Day, the perfect day for Sting to do it.

To propose to Rogue.

Although Sting would never admit it, he was madly in love with the shadow dragon slayer. He couldn't picture life without Rogue, Rogue was his other piece. The missing shadow from his light. With that thought in mind, Sting allowed a small smile to dance upon his lips before a certain ring caught his eye.

It's wasn't the most elegant ring in the world, it occupied a small black gemstone wrapped in an illuminating gold. The gemstone has an array of black swirls alongside a golden dragon dragon swirling around the gemstone protectively. It was perfect, and he was confident he would have enough to purchase it after a long couple of months worth of missions. Sting once more felt the excitement flood him before he made his way to the stall. His gaze fixated upon the ring in front of him.

He found it, he found exactly what he needed. Now, he had to be patient (not something the said dragon slayer was good at) but he would do it. For Rogue.

-

Rogue sighed as he made his way out of the guild. The day was long, and seemed to drag out for eternity (much to the said dragon slayer's displeasure) without his mate by his side. Sting left in the early hours of the morning. Claiming he had 'important business to attend to' however Rogue still couldn't shake away the emptiness building in the pit of his stomach. Allowing a dry chuckle to escape from his lips he began to progress down the street. The golden hue of the lampposts animating his still figure.

"Rogue!"

'Sting?' Rogue thought to himself. Swiftly turning around the come face to face with Sting, who was by now, racked with exhaustion. Sting gave him a tired grin, before producing a small wave.

"Sting! Where have you been?" Rogue demand, harsher than he originally intended.

Sting ignored the aggressive gesture, seeing the concern in his mates eyes. Before nervously looking around him. Rogue looked at him in confusion before Sting kneeled down on one knee.

"Rogue" Sting begins nervously.

'Dammit, come on I need to do this properly. It's what Rogue deserves.'  Sting scolds himself. Yet his internal battle have no effect on his paranoid exterior. Rogue stares at him in confusion before sighing.

"Come on Sting get up."

'Oh...I forgot the box.'

Sting shakes his head, laughing before getting the small box out of his pocket. Rogue's face moulds into one containing even more confusion (despite being it being almost impossible) staring in bewilderment at the box.

"Sting What are you up to?"

Sting smiles before taking a deep breath.

"Rogue, even if I'm the biggest idiot in the universe -which I am- I'm not completely oblivious to the love I feel for you. You're my other part, the shadow of my light and it's ultimately your shadows which brings my light-"

"It's kind of clear where this is going but..." Sting trails off uncertainly, opening the box producing the ring.

"Will you marry me? God...You have no idea how hard it was for me to stay serious during that" Sting laughs, rubbing the back of his head sheepishly,

Rogue stares completely dumbfounded before breaking out into a small smile.

"Sting...Of course I will. And also you haven't tied your tie properly yet" Rogue laughs.

"Woah...Seriously?!?" Sting exclaims. Rogue facepalms before shaking his head.

"Sting...You're my mate. I made that commitment from the start you idiot."

"...Oh yeah."

-[]-