Chapter Fifteen.

A/n: Hello! It's the annoying one returning. This chapters is some good ol' Gratsu so if your not really a big fan of Gratsu- (😱 if that's even possible...) then reading this chapter isn't necessary! There is a sneak preview of my attentions for a snippet of Gray's past (which isn't cannon) but as this is FanFiction my mind came to a conclusion to play with this idea! I hope you enjoy the chapter!

-[]-

Gray groaned, squinting his eyes shut tightly as the sunlight relentlessly attacked the said ice mage. Beams of sunlight flooded across his features, causing his face to scrunch up in distaste.

"I've never like the sun, or mornings" Gray grumbles. But there's something very different about this morning. He was...Unusually warm. Almost encased within the heat; and Gray couldn't quite make himself wake up enough to figure out the reason why; which irritated him greatly.

'But where on Earth is this heat coming from?'

Gray couldn't prevent the question swarming around his tired brain; he distinctly remembered entering his house alone the previous night. Forcing himself to separate himself from his dragon slayer to allow thinking time. Gray had never been good with feelings, or romance for that matter. But he knew he loved Natsu -from a considerably young age- no matter how terrible he was when dealing with these emotions and he figured he could work things out as they developed further within their relationship. When he figured out that he was Natsu's mate he was both angered (by the form of how the fact was revealed) but overjoyed. He became angered at the idea of being just another object...Just like him.

Gray never discussed the subject at hand, nor did he ever need too. Nobody needed to know of every strand that is referred to as his past. He knew one day he would come clean to Natsu about the whole ideal. Natsu was someone he could trust, someone who would never hurt him but infact protect him, cherish him.

-

"Don't worry popsicle, I won't let anything happen to you."

"I know you won't."

-

It was easier said than done; Gray knew that. But those few words meant more than anyone could possibly know.

Once he brain was fully awake, the previous question was shortly answered when he found an arm wrapped around his arm protectively, and a small heap of salmon coloured hair.

'Natsu?'

And henceforth, Gray began both panicking and oozing confusion. Imagining both the worst possible outcome and how his mate was even present within his bed. Gulping nervously, a deep blush embedded within his previously pale cheeks; once Gray leaped out of the covers after de-tangling himself from his dragon slayer -which was immensely difficult may he add- he was more than happy to learn that all of his clothes were in fact present which was a very rare occurrence. The only time Gray actually kept his clothes on during the night was when he fell asleep with Natsu by his side. Which to most, makes no sense. But his clothes seem to act as a barrier against Natsu's burning skin and removing them makes Gray feel likes he's standing inside a ten foot bonfire. Biting his lip to prevent the escape of a laugh, Gray quickly looks around his room to see if anything is...Out of the ordinary. Chuckling when spotting the open window (which was most likely Natsu's entrance point) wide open. A small groan echoed around the room, causing Gray's gaze to transition from the bare window to his dragon slayer. Resisting the urge to smile at his mates sleep-filled state.

"What'cha ya' doing up so early?" Natsu yawned, stretching his arms out widely.

"What were you doing in my bed?" Gray rolls his eyes, making his way to the window sluggishly.

"Pfffft, no reason" Natsu counters weakly, a blush adorning his considerably sharp features. Gray simply shakes his head at Natsu's dismal before walking back over to Natsu; bending down slightly before placing a light kiss upon Natsu's lips.

"Nice try Natsu" Gray chuckles before pulling away leaving Natsu a seemingly blushing mess behind him.

"H-Hey that wasn't even funny!" Natsu exclaims, growling halfheartedly at the sound of Gray's laughter bouncing from wall to wall.

Flinging the blankets off the bed, Natsu quickly followed Gray out of the bedroom. Finding him raising his brows in question at the re-arrangement of his living room.

"Care to explain?" Gray questions blandly. Natsu once more finds a blush rising rapidly to his cheeks.

"Nesting."

"...What on earth?"

"Ask me later" Natsu sighs,

"I'm more than happy to oblige" Gray nudges his arm playfully, Natsu shakes his head at his mates antics, letting a small grin escape his dry lips.

'I'm just glad some things don't change.'