Chapter 14: D for Doug

It took quite a while before Doug actually made it to Queens, so I was left sitting on my hotel bed with nothing to do. I stared at the wall clock as its ticking filled the room and I breath a heavy sigh. We had decided to meet up at a skating rink, not too far from my hotel. I was growing anxious, excited but anxious. I bit my lip and check the time once again. It was now 2:57pm.

I spring to my feet and grab my shoes. It was almost time.

Never had I ever been so excited to go meet up with a boy. Perhaps it was the fact that I was so nervous. Partly due to Doug and the other half because I was actually going out to have fun for the first time in forever. A gut feeling told me I should stay alert though, of what exactly? I had no clue.

Outside was bright and sunny and the sun's beam radiated warmth all around. The skating rink was just a few blocks away from where I was, so I decided to walk. The bumbling of cars passing by as hurdles of people hustled by only the sidewalk only made me more anxious. I look at my watch. 3:15pm.

I chewed on my bottom lip as I pictured Doug's eyes. They were the perfect shade of everlasting green. His eyes swarmed with happiness and so much joy. Something apart of me had been lacking lastly and I wanted a piece of that joy.

The hair on the back of my neck stood up, and I shiver. I felt as if I was being invaded somehow. As if someone was watching me. I turn my head, and surveyed the streets. Everyone seemed to be minding their own business, from people fetching cabs to drivers angrily honking their horns to the cars in front of them, everyone was busy. But I couldn't shake of this feeling. It made my skin craw, I shivered.

You're just paranoid, calm down.

Suddenly a pair of hands cover my eyes, darkening my view.

Immediately, I stiffen. "You look absolutely beautiful, doll face." He whispered into my ear. I smile and relax almost immediately. Turning around I embrace Doug and he hugs back. I take a step back to analyze him. Cute was an understatement. He looked so good in denim ripped jeans and tight gray t-shirt. Everything fitted him perfectly and his shirt was doing his upper body justice. His ab imprint easily visible under his shirt.

"And you don't look too bad yourself." I compliment.

"Nah," he says, enclasping our hands together. "You look really good," His eyes give me a slow once over. "Really." He says the last part lowly, which made his voice deeper. I almost didn't hear it with the noise of the bustling city. I bit my lip as heat rushes to my cheeks. He stared at me and maybe it's just me but he looked even better since the first time we met. His curls, eyes and-

"Let's get going inside." He cuts off my trail of thought and gives a cheeky grin.

I say nothing as he leads the way into the rink, pulling me along from behind with his fingers intertwined with mine.

My mind began to race with thoughts as we entered the building. I just wanted to take things slow with him. I was already out on a date with a guy I recently met just after I merely escaped from Romeo. It wasn't the best idea, but it's not like I planned for this to happen. Things just kinda fell in place, and Doug truly seemed like a good guy.

"Here." He hands over my shoes and I gladly accept them. We walk over to a bench and change into our new shoes. He finished slipping on his shoes before me but patiently waited until I was done. Once finished I stood up and as if I had suddenly turned into a drunk puppet, my body rolled forward and due to instinct I flail my arms and almost fall.

Doug's arms caught me just in time as my cheeks flood heated with warmth. He chuckled lightly, showing off his beautiful smile. "You don't know how to skate."