Chapter 53: Come On Loser

"Okay okay okay! What am I now?" Willow exclaims seriously. She stands in the middle of the room with one hand placed on her back, the other rubbing a big circle around her midsection.

I scratch my head, unsure. I'm usually good a charades but either I've lost my skills or Willow is a really bad actor.

"Um, hungry?" I suggest.

She shakes her head no and changes actions. She begins to walk back and forth with legs opened wide while swaying from side to side. Both hands remain on her lower back as she arches painfully.

I feel my face scrunch with utter confusion. Then suddenly I understand. "Oh! You're a duck!" I declare proudly. Willow's arms drop to her side as she gives me an irritated look. She disapproves of this answer and I sink back into the sofa, partly disappointed.

She gets on the floor this time, legs parted while sitting up on her elbows. She arches her spine while throwing her head back in what I imagine would be an erotic reaction. My mouth falls agape at the suggestive position and I throw a pillow at her. It rolls off her head and she darts her eyes at me. "Girl, what's your problem?" she brushes a curl back in place.

"You being nasty is my problem," I point.

She squints her eyes at me then looks over her seated position. In a manner of seconds she catches on and starts laughing. "Farrah, that's not what I was trying to get at," she shakes her head bewildered. "You have a dirty mind," she points a finger at me. "what have you and Xavier been doing?" her question holds accusation.

My eyes bulge. "N-nothing."

She gets up off the floor and meets me by the couch. An exasperated sigh leaves her lips. "I have a gift for you?" she states abruptly.

I bite my lip, feeling bad. She always brings me things and I never get her anything.

"Don't worry," she quickly adds as if reading my mind. "It's more of a gift to myself."

"What is it?" I question, enthusiatically.

"I was trying to tell you," she motions to the spot where she was playing charades. "But you suck, so I'll just have to give it to you." she stands up, grabbing her Dior bag off the table. She reaches deep inside and I rest my head on a pillow.

When she draws her hand out, a pregnancy test is clasped between her fingers. She extends it towards me. I freeze, mind boggled.

"No way," I whisper.

"Yes way," she affirms and now I understand her actions from moments ago. She was pretending to give birth on the floor and the 'pregnant' words written across the stick in my hands confirm this. I feel bad for thinking she was acting out someting unseemly before.

Shocked, my mouth falls open since part of me thought she was just playing this whole time but she's so serious.

"Congratulations!" I almost throw myself at her. Willow's laugh reverberates through the house as I hug her. "Oh my gosh, I can't believe it! You're actaully pregnant." I say with realization. I squeeze her tighter.

"Yes! But don't squeeze my embryo!"

I pull away, completely forgetting that there's something inside her stomach. My eyes train onto her flat stomach. She doesn't even look it. At least not yet. I laugh at her statement.

"Embryo, really?"

Her chuckles match mine. "Yeah if it's even that yet," she smiles warmly and I can tell she's happy, truly happy.

I peer down at the test in my hand, rereading the the word 'pregnant' over an over again. It feels surreal. I'm not even the one pregnant yet I'm so nervous. "Does Hakem know?"