Chapter 15: Mien

I felt torn in two. Cold and conscious yet dysfunctional. I couldn't see but I felt. Pain. It's was coming mainly coming from my nape. My wrists and ankles.

I let out a low moan.

There was something wrong, extremely wrong. But I couldn't quite figure it out. Everything was dark. I felt a little empty.

My body was strapped to what felt like a chair. I wanted to move. I wanted to feel. I wanted Doug. I murmur his name out into the darkness. "Doug."

But I was responded with silence. Why was that?

Slowly I feel my eyes open, weakly as if it was glued shut. I shake my head viewing my surroundings, only to feel more and more perplexed as I gained full consciousness. I wasn't in my room, yet the place felt all too familiar.

The room's only source of current light was coming through a far window in the back, and still much justice wasn't being done to illuminate the place.

It was then that I realize that I was indeed strapped and hindered of movement. My hands bonded together mercilessly tight behind the chair I was sitting on. My ankles done the same way. My vision, glazed as if viewing from the inside of a glass cup.

I try tugging forcefully on the ropes tying me, resulting in what felt like blood seeping out my wrist. I let out a shrill cry.

Thoughts raced. Too fast for me to process. Where was I? Who did this? Why?

The hair on the back of my neck stood, and I stop moving. I wasn't alone in this new room.

Then I see him. His dark silhouette frozen in place and unmoving. He too sat in a chair, but it was right across from me. His hands and feet not at all tied, he was free. I stop moving. My vision still glazed but, I could see him clear as day.

We both stayed deathly silent watching one another. And then I remember. Everything. My escape, Doug, our kiss, and the hotel. He found me.

Romeo was dressed in all black which only fitted the ambience of both him and the room. His dark ripped jeans and black shirt. His sleeves were rolled up, giving full view to the muscles he bared underneath. His shirt, buttoned down revealed his chest, it rose and fell ever so lightly. But he sat still, watching me. His eyes completely empty with nothing but darkness, let me know of the dangers that lurked within.

Something was missing. Normality.

We were both sitting in the corner of the room, he was in the shadow but I knew he was there. I felt him. My breathing stopped as his eyes continued to tear me apart. Seconds turn into minutes which felt like eternity. Romeo looked nothing like himself, absolutely nothing. He was beast-like.

I swallowed but winced at the dryness or my mouth. My body began to tremble, and I could no longer take it. But I was forced to. I closed my eyes, and looked down.

I didn't want to die, but apart of me felt that it would be way better than what Romeo would do to me. I wanted everything to stop.

He stood up, smooth as silk and my body shook vigorously. I weeped, tears of regret for not leaving sooner.

His full body now stood before me, his darkness swallowing me whole. I could feel him, smell his scent, it was almost something you could taste. He was intoxicating.