Chapter 16: Forever His

The sound of the morning birds chirping outside the window wake me. I flutter my eyes open, feeling stiff.

Pain suddenly surges through me and I grimace unable to make a sound. Dried blood cover my upper body and mouth.

I pant, tired and in pain. Breathing was an extremely difficult task and so was turning my head.

I close my eyes, sad to have waken up. Tears flow down my eyes, but I didn't make a sound, I couldn't. How long would Romeo keep me here? I didn't know, maybe it's best that I don't know.

The only audible sound in the room was my wheezing and unsteady breaths. Outside was bright, but the room was dark. Felt dark.

Suddenly I began to sob. Everything was so real, every single thing that happened. And for some strange reason I thought it wasn't. I thought it wasn't true, because this amount of cruelty had to be make believe. But to my dismay it wasn't. And the realization was a different kind of hurt.

My eyes, heavy and glazed over closes. Empty and silent. Then the door opens. Or perhaps I'd imagine it, but I didn't want to look up. I was too tired and but mainly I was scared. Footsteps approach and I began to tremble.

His aroma filled my nostrils and tears fell in an instant. He was back, back for more and I couldn't give him more. He should've just killed me. We'd both be so happy.

He stopped a few feet away from me and I knew that he was watching me. He always watched me. He moved quickly, moving behind me. Once again, the hair on the back of my neck stood up. I quivered.

A moment passes, and my hands fall loose at my sides. They fell numb, lost of all feelings. Romeo moved in front of me, where I got a whiff of his smell, even more intoxicating. He smelled strong, fresh. My eyes were still closed and trained low.

I felt his presence bend down. I twitched. His hands worked at my ankles.

He's freeing me, but why? Because you're human Farrah, you're human.

I wanted to believe that, but I knew that wasn't the case. This monster had a reason. Romeo wanted something. His hands finished freeing me but I couldn't move. He was freeing an injured bird.

He stayed crouched before me, and I didn't want to meet his gaze. His hand snake up my leg until his finger tapped on my left thigh.

I shake my head.

"Regarde moi," his voice was calm, smooth and unfamiliar.

I shake my head no. He takes a deep breath, as if trying to be calm.

"Come," he stands and I merely shake. Unable of any mobility. He realizes this and bends down, wrapping one arm under my legs and the other under my arms. I scream and he stops immediately.

I begin to sob, letting out a shrill cry. I wanted his hands off me! I didn't want to see him nor think of him. Romeo was a psychotic man. He acted as if he hadn't caused this, as if any of my pain wasn't his fault. I try to kick him away but the act was feeble. Pathetic.

I wanted to yell at him, tell him off but I was fearful.

"Stop." He says firmly, but I ignore him. I continue to kick and thrash until suddenly I fall over and hit the floor with a thud. Pain sprang through my chest all the way down to my legs.

I let out a painful cry. His footsteps approach me quickly, and his arms cradle my body. I felt myself being lifted from the ground.

He really did have some gut. The floor was more comforting than the feel of Romeo's embrace. I felt disgusted. It was disgusting, he was disgusting. Romeo had a different side, a side I never waned to see again. A side I could only wonder if anyone else knew about it.