Scene 11 - Mini-sub dispatch

After the long yet fast trip under the sea, the impressive and grand Healy ship finally halts in the sea as the engines sound down. The Admiral and the Lieutenants man the controls and radios of the ship as they prepare to dispatch the mini Healy sub from the same ship, the radio the Admiral holds in his hand is only a black microphone with the speakers sounding out of the main control panel with Lieutenant Johnson standing by his side manning the main controls. He contacts the mini sub via that microphone radio.

Admiral:

Main Healy sub to Mini sub, we're opening the hatch now, prepare to be released.

Emily responds on the radio.

Emily:

Roger Admiral, standing by now.

Admiral:

Ok Lieutenant Johnson, open the flap.

Lieutenant Johnson:

Right away sir, opening hatch now.

Pressing one large ochre button in front of him, the hatch of the frozen submarine's bottom left-hand side opens wide up downwards revealing a much smaller craft with a three-seater and an extra room at the back for diving out into the sea. The inside features Joe 90 at the front of the wheel with a set of more multi-coloured buttons and levers on each side with Russel and Emily sat behind him on his right and left. Emily mans the radio controls with Russel controlling the ship's field within twenty miles in case of enemy attack, the ship's windows enable the WIN agents to access to view the outside around them, unlike the ship's main vessel.

Joe:

Right, moving out now.

After Joe activates the closet lever on his right, as the engines of the submarine reeve up as the ship gently sways out into the ocean sea before speeding off forward towards the coast as the instrumentations and readings on the main vessels register the ship departing the main craft as Emily responds to the command deck.

Emily:

Mini sub to Healy sub, departing main vessel, ETA five minutes to the danger zone.

Lieutenant Johnson:

Roger mini Healy sub, you know the brief so good luck out there.

Emily:

Thanks.

The radio is then switched off as the Lieutenant stops the Admiral who is overseeing the entire process to ask a question.

Lieutenant Johnson:

Sir, may I ask a question? Why is there a small elven-year-old boy working for the World Intelligence Network?

Admiral:

That Lieutenant I can't answer, but as long as he does the job then he's good enough for the boys at WIN.

The mini sub is well underway in the ocean sea travelling to the cave entrance at a racing speed, past all the derby, bubbles and bits of dead seaweed floating up from the bottom of the deep depths of the sea. Inside of the ship shows Joe concentrating hard at the controls of the craft with Russel assisting him next to him at his own desk whilst Emily contacts Sam Loover and Mac via the radio again to the cottage in the BIG RAT control room, sat on that murky green sofa as they wait for any news or report.

Joe:

Can you give Sam a call Emily please?

Emily:

Right, Agent 113 to Sam Loover.

Sam:

Go ahead Emily.

Emily:

We have been dispatched from the main sub and are on route to the danger zone, the bomb is safely stored here on the ship and the diving gear is already here. How are you guys?

Sam:

Great thanks, we just got back when the radio went. Are you there WIN agents?

Russel:

We're listening right now Sam.

Sam:

Good, now here is your task for this assignment. Once you reach the entrance of the cave you will be in range of the base, so once you've parked up, you Joe will leave the ship in your wetsuit and plant the bomb on the side of the cave. Once Joe has returned to the ship you will leave immediately to get out of range.

Joe:

Got it Sam, we won't let you down.

Mac:

The range of that bomb son is fifteen miles long, so you will need to get out fast.

Emily:

Don't worry Mac, we'll take care.

The radio ceases transmitting after that.

Now this is the worst bit about an assignment Sam, the waiting. It's like I feel something has happened to Joe if he doesn't call.

Sam:

Joe has been on a dozen or so assignments, this will be easy for him.

Mac:

I hope so, I don't want to lose someone else within ten years; parents, sisters, Mary, Mrs. Harris...

Sam:

Yes ok Mac, stop worrying about him. Right now they are probably reaching the edge of that cave.