Scene 16 - Shane's talk

Returning back to WIN HQ at a matter of urgency with Sam's car parked neatly outside the offices again, they both discuss a matter of urgency with Shane sat at his desk and briefing him with a serious look as Sam, grabbing a strong, dark and comfortable chair and placing it around the other side of the warm brown desk and relaxing down on the seat as he listens attentively to his boss's instructions and events.

Shane:

Sit down Sam.

Sam:

I came over as quickly as I could, I thought there had been a radio blackout.

Shane:

There has been, and a serious one too. All our radio and contact waves all across the world have been put out, now this is the bit you aren't going to like.

Sam raises his eyebrows to suggest his boss to continue.

Shane:

The reason why our satellites have all gone out is because although Joe, Russel and Emily all successfully destroyed the base in Mexico, a set of missiles was launched into orbit accidentally from the destruction and one of those missiles hit our satellite communications dish and must have obviously destroyed it.

Sam:

But Chief, our organization is almost totally dependent on radio transmissions, what about our agents out there on operations like Joe 90 who need to contact other agents for example?

Shane:

Now don't worry Sam, the dish wasn't so badly damaged, when the nuclear missiles exploded when they left Earth's atmosphere the range only slightly affected the satellite, but enough to blow it out of its orbit and cut all radio signals.

Sam:

Well at least it is repairable.

Shane:

One more thing Sam, we received the third letter from the MSRG about destroying their bases, it came in just before you did.

Sam:

That quickly?

Shane:

Yes Sam, remember we're still running that security check and we've come up with nothing yet, but there is defiantly a traitor in W.I.N somewhere.

Sam:

I guess it just says the usual, you know, you have refused to listen to our warnings and you will all be condemned to death and all that.

Shane:

Got it in one Sam. It says that this time W.I.N will be completely destroyed.

Sam:

You know Chief we shouldn't just ignore it, they could you know.

Shane:

You're right Sam, we can't leave anything to chance with security.