Scene 19 - Blast off

We have just skipped over to the rocket base in North Devon, the centre of the complex stands out of the way of the rocket platforms, still, at an excellent view, it controls the entire complex of takeoffs where the Controller, his associate and Mac and Sam stand to wait for the mission to be completed again. Built high up with one set of windows at the top for the tower control, the murky white coloured infrastructure sits on the fertile and long stretch of a brightening green grass. As for the rocket just taking off on its runway-like platform attached to a red holding unit like in the 60s films as the generic, powerful rocket blows out its energy to send it flying into the unknown depths of space at almighty speediness marked U59 horizontally downwards of the ship. Joe, Emily along with Russel, geared up in astronaut suits just in case with another white coloured design along with a darker black for the helmet. Manning the controls, Joe and Emily upfront and Russel controlling the others along the side, an impressive collection of lights, levers, buttons, gearsticks and other complicated machinery as they hang on tight as their hologram monitor presents them with the exterior view of the ship blasting high into orbit. Joe, once again wearing his famous glasses inside his specially designed helmet, takes control of the operation seeing he has the knowledge and experience for the mission into space. Inside the tower, Mac, Sam and the Controller of the space centre, thoroughly impressed by the takeoff, discuss the operation as reasonable gentlemen.

Mac:

An amazing sight Sam.

Sam:

It's not the first time you've seen a rocket takeoff Mac, besides we owe you a great deal Controller sir and we would just like to say thanks for it. It's a scary thought how much we rely on communications at W.I.N.

Controller of Space Centre:

Oh, that's alright my dear man. It's not very often are allowed to be of the service of such an organization such as the World Intelligence.

Assistant Kestrel:

Excuse me Controller, but the U59 is just about to leave Earth's atmosphere any second now.

The enormous tower control room, mostly bare containing nothing much but empty space, is placed exactly central, with a control desk circling around him with more multi-coloured radios, buttons, levers, and the rest altogether with the desk slightly pointing upwards to allow more controls to be fitted together, allowing her to exit is one thin slice through the circle cutting the desk slightly with another section of a variety of monitors to allow instrumentations and other controls of ships.

Controller of Space Centre:

Very good Assistant Kestrel.

Assistant Kestrel:

One more thing sir, may I ask, if it is not leaking security, but why are W.I.N using a boy for the mission.

Sam:

I'm afraid we can't answer that question Ms. Kestrel, all I can tell you is what we describe him as our most special agent.

The rocket, blasting fast into the infinite range of space begins to leave cloud cover with little more distance to leave the atmosphere of Earth. Joe, Emily and Russel all prepare for the upcoming impact of G-Force, although fortunately for them it won't be too serious as Joe contacts the radio placed between the few scarlet levers between him and Emily then making the call to Earth.

Emily:

I've never been in a rocket before!

Joe:

Don't let the G-Force worry you, it doesn't really do much to you anyway.

Russel:

I read the report on your space mission to rescue two astronauts from a space station.

Joe:

Correct Russel. U59 Rocket to Space Control, leaving Earth atmosphere now, contact you once approaching satellite.

Assistant Kestrel:

Ok then U59 Rocket, speak to you then.

Emily:

Well, at least that radio works.

Russel:

Hold on, here we go.

All three crewmembers begin to tense up as the rocket ship begins to shake vigorously and wildly as it passes through the atmosphere, yet only lasting maybe up to ten seconds before the monitor displays the endless aqua blue sky fade to a black and revealing the realistically endless and dark space and its billion planets somewhere in the universe with its far and shinning stars millions and millions of light-years away as the rocket blasts off, only to the microscopic satellite in the immeasurable reaches of deep space whilst its crew recover delightfully.

Emily:

Phew, I'm glad that's over.

Russel:

Wow, you know it's a shame we can't explore space together instead of repairing one satellite.

All three also stare in amazement at that breathtaking sight of the reaches of the universe.

Emily:

It's beautiful! If only we were in something in like the Enterprise or the Millennium Falcon.

Joe:

Let's blast off into action, Allons-y!

Pushing one of the ship's scarlet levers, the rocket blasts further off into the deepest reaches of space for the satellite. Still patiently waiting for the mission to be completed, the four in the control centre, Mac, Sam, Controller and the Assistant, begin to make a conversation to pass the time naturally.

Mac:

Look Sam, I still don't see what all the rush was and being all sort of mysterious and everything. If you told us back at the cottage then we wouldn't be so concerned and distraught about the whole operation.

Sam:

Well I'm sorry Mac, but communications were down, and it would have just been wasting time.

Controller of Space Centre:

Oh, so your communications was down my dear chap, what went wrong with your satellite? I thought WIN satellites were almost undamageable because your technology is so advanced, what happened to your undamageable satellites then Mr. Loover?

Sam:

I'm sorry Controller but you aren't supposed to know about our equipment.

Controller of Space Centre:

Oh, I'm terribly sorry old chum, I won't say anything for you then.

Sam rolls his eyes to Mac.

Sam:

So much for security.

Joe contacts Kestrel's radio desk and reports to her superior.

Joe:

U59 Rocket to Space Centre, we have arrived by the satellite and are leaving the ship to repair.

Assistant Kestrel:

Ok U59 Rocket. Sir, the U59 Rocket has arrived just by the satellite and Joe and Russel are leaving the ship to make...

Controller of Space Centre:

Alright, alright I heard the first time, no need to shout it out to all of us.

Assistant Kestrel:

I'm sorry sir.

She rolls her eyes infuriatingly to Mac and Sam.