Scene 28 - The jumps

Now in the heavy, thick clouds of the sky and the cold's spinning portions of snow, the Jet Air Car is fast approaching its destination in the South Pole through the blazing storm. Mac can hardly make his way through it but has a good approximation of where he is going. He is high above in the clouds, even on binoculars, his incredible car is merely a dot or something like a smear in the glass. Inside, Joe is waiting for the ejection in the car, with Shane Weston and the others waiting beside him. Joe is equipped with his briefcase and his glasses on his nose and wearing a special, thermal coating around him to protect him from the freezing cold. On his back, a heavy, metal and thick jet pack is tied to him enabling him to touch down on the ground safely. Now, Joe is ready to dive as the car hovers miles and miles in the sky.

Shane:

Right, you are all ready now. Mac, keep the car stable for the dive.

Joe:

Ok Mr. Weston, I'm ready for the mission.

Eleanor:

Good luck Joe.

Emily:

We'll be seeing you later.

Mac:

Yes, good luck son.

As the others cling on to what they can around them or their safety belts, the doors of the car open out as the gust of wind blows them around like they're in a sort of wind turbine as Joe acts and dives out with his ejector suit and jet pack into the mist and blazing storm. Thankfully, his glasses protect him from the wild snowflakes.

Sam:

He's approaching the base now.

Joe can now spot the base from his height, yet to them, he is still another speck in the sky. This complex, stretching across what seems for miles is practically all three other bases built into one; missile stores, half a dozen aircraft, collections of stores around the base and all the usual of MSRG bases. Joe gently controls his power pack and neatly touches down onto the snowy complex.

Up in the clouds, the six members in the car wait for Joe to touchdown as Emily and Russel prepare to gear up in their equipment quietly, as does Eleanor sneaking a power pack on as the other gentlemen wait.

Mac:

Joe must have touched down now.

Shane:

Emily, Russel you get your gear on now and prepare to dive.

Down on ground level, the patrol hunts have spotted some figure touchdown nearby. With their guns in their hands like troops, they charge over speeding as Joe touches down on both feet, he hides around one of the blocks, his briefcase and gun he carries with him. The guards charge down as Joe fires off warning shots at them, scaring them off as they hide around the other blocks from the gunfire. It is now one eleven-year-old boy against a whole squad of armed, trained and ruthless guards. It is now time for Emily and Russel to jump out of the car as the others get them ready for the mighty drop.

Shane:

It's time you guys, prepare to jump. You know what to do, don't you?

Russel:

Don't worry sir, we won't let W.I.N down.

The gunfight continues between Joe 90 and the gun-runners, failing to kill their target considering this is only one boy. The fight is along the lines of what was like in Hi-Jacked, with fast-paced action music, ricochets, bangs, shouting, danger and all the rest. Then, Joe hears a cry from behind of some Russian soldier holding a gun up, obviously ordering him to stand down.

Russian Soldier:

Поднимите руки!

Joe obviously drops the weapon at his feet and keeps still as the soldier approaches from behind.

Russian Soldier:

Ты мальчик?

Translation follows "Put your hands up" and "You're a boy?"

Russel, accompanied by Emily touch down secretly and quietly down onto the roof on the store containing their detonators and bombs, they aren't seen because the roof reaches pointing up like a pyramid, but as they are on the side facing out to the endless, freezing wasteland of the South Pole, the security cameras cannot detect their presence. The freak wind storm begins to settle down slightly, therefore Russel contacts the car up above with the radio whispering quietly.

Russel:

You alright Emily?

Emily:

Yeah, they must have taken Joe in now, so it's up to us.

Russel:

Yep, up to us. Agent 112 to Shane Weston, do you receive me?

Shane:

Russel, listen carefully to me! Eleanor has taken a jet pack and has jumped out!

Emily:

What! But she doesn't know how to work it.

Shane:

She put it on and just jumped out after you.

Russel:

She must be trying to reach Joe.

Emily:

I can see her coming in now.

Eleanor is doing well as she screams downwards aimlessly downwards, but heads for Emily and Russel, near about anyway. She crashes down at the top of the roof dangerously, not too seriously hurt, but rolls back down towards Russel and Emily as they catch the girl.

Russel:

Eleanor, what are you doing out here? Don't you know how dangerous this is, you can get us all caught.

Eleanor:

Yes, but I was worried about Joe, Russel, and I don't wanna leave him on his own.

Emily:

Well you're here with us now but stick with us at all times.

Shane:

Hello? Russel, are you still there?

Russel:

Oh yes, we're here. It was a good thing Eleanor was able to control her jet pack because she is here with us now. If not, you could be out there in the freezing cold, lost in the huge base or taken for torture by the assassins.

Shane:

Eleanor, you and I are going to have to do some straight talking when back here.

Emily:

There's no time for talk now guys, Eleanor is here with us now and that's that, we have got to stop the base from destroying the world first.

Russel:

Right, good idea. Pass me the laser cutter then Emily, we'll cut through and then jump down.

Emily fiddles through her pockets to find the laser cutter, not seen on screen before moving onto the next scene.