Scene 17 - Gomez's second return

Through the busy roads of London; including the countless pedestrians, traffic lights, cameras, pigeons as well as cars, there is one strange car, in particular, the Special Protection Vehicle (SPV) travelling to WIN HQ again with Don Gomez inside the main compartment of the buggy with the driver in the front and not connected up to the compartment, just Gomez alone in the passenger area. Facing frontways in a horrid light yellow and slippery seat with lights giving the compartment lighter from the more dim and murky colours of the walls. A harness clipping between his chest and stomach and no windows around, Gomez receives a transmission from the radio, yet only sound selected, a visual monitor at the front of him with a high-tech camera brightens up with the bolded sound selected in a sort of bluey black background as a voice speaks in a cold, harsh Russian accent, that is really Samuel Todd, head of the MSRG contacting Gomez because he is the traitor who begins to panic about the matter of security.

Gomez:

Speaking?

Todd:

Samuel Todd is speaking.

Gomez:

Sir, I don't mean to be rude or anything, but I thought I told you not to contact me again when I'm at work.

Todd:

You are safe, aren't you? And nobody suspects your involvement, do they?

Gomez:

Well no I don't think so sir.

Todd:

Then stop worrying about it, are you on your way to see the World Intelligence again Gomez?

Gomez:

I'll be there in a few minutes.

Todd:

Good, because W.I.N have just destroyed the third base in Mexico.

Gomez:

Mexico too sir? But how?

Todd:

Gomez, your job is not how they did it, it's to take WIN out of business so they do not interfere with our master plan.

Gomez:

What is my mission sir?

Todd:

The third letter has already been sent through World Intelligence, which tells them that WIN will be destroyed sooner or later. Your job is to tell them that you are putting W.I.N out of business and tell Weston to start kicking jobs out of the organization for their sakes and his.

Gomez:

Well, how do I do that then?

Todd:

That is your job to decide that Gomez, you have the authority to do just that, so see to it. Goodbye Special Protection.

The radio ceases as the radio turns itself off. The SP Vehicle finally parks up to Sam's car outside the WIN offices as the motors cease to stop the motorcar. Sam and Shane, still in conversation and sat exactly where they were they rise up to stand again to finish up, nothing much changed from Scene 16

Sam:

Right Chief, number A68 from the BIG RAT, I told Mac and the others to meet up back at the cottage.

Out of the blue, the door blows open again with another furious Don Gomez rudely stepping in to the office to confront Sam and Shane as the others, as they can tell from their looks, aren't going to put up with the bully.

Gomez:

Weston! You're out of a job now, I finally got you all this time, I really got you! You, Sam, that mad professor, those spy kids of yours, I'm putting all of you out of a job.

Sam:

Gomez? What do you want this time?

Shane:

Sam, leave this to me, I know what this is about; because we haven't listened to your instructions about calling off the assignment you must be here to finally close W.I.N down.

Gomez:

Very clever of you Weston, yet foolish not to listen to my warnings. Let's make this short and quick for the both of us, with the right invested in me I have no other choice but to shut down World Intelligence, at last. You better start sacking your staff now Weston, closure's deadline is for next Wednesday with no exception, to avoid confrontation of High Court Enforcement Agents. After Wednesday, WIN's building will be struck down and used for other means shall we say.

Shane:

Yes sir, we accept.

Gomez:

Good, I'm glad you take it so calmly.

Sam:

Chief, you can't accept the closure of WIN just like that?

Gomez:

Sam, W.I.N has proven to be obsolete, destructive, dangerous and too expensive to run; three bases destroyed with three letters threatening the destruction of the organization makes this order a safer bet for you and your staff. All operations, missions, examinations are to be cancelled at once Weston for this closure, especially the one involving the MSRG.

Shane:

What about the assignments we are already in progress sir?

Gomez:

Ceased, for the moment, until Special Protection have time to investigate these missions. I will send you a full report of the status of WIN once I return to HQ, good day Weston, Sam.

The snarling officer marches back out of the office with a huge slamming close of the door with Sam approaching Shane closer following his easy defeat.

Sam:

Chief, you aren't just going to give in to that, are you?

Shane:

Of course not, that man is simply a high-ranking officer who puts himself too high making himself into nothing but a coward deep down. We are still going ahead on this one Sam, get to the cottage and brief Joe 90 for brain pattern A68, that satellite needs to be in perfect working order if we are going to bring down the Master Sword Run Gunners.