Chapter 2

~Alexander~

My first lecture of my first semester. My first lecture teacher was Mr. Washington who was my history teacher, I have no problem with it though.

After the lecture was over I had an hour before my next one would start. So I decided to go back to my dorm. I saw some guy wearing maroon give me a harsh glare, but I tried to ignore it.

But of course I couldn't. The guy walked up to me, stopping me from going to my dorm. I groaned in frustration. "Hey there shorty." He said, but of course I walked around him to go to my dorm. He grabbed my arm and spun me to look at him.

"What?" I signed, annoyed. He glared at me. "Ha! The shorties mute!" He laughed. I rolled my eyes in my unamused state. He growled and gripped my arm tighter, causing me to slightly wince. Before I could do anything, he punched me in the face.

I wasn't having it today. I grabbed his arm before he could punch me a second time and flipped him over my shoulder. Before anything else happened I rushed to my dorm.

When I walked into the dorm I didn't see anyone so I assumed John was at a lecture or something like that. I sat on my bed in silence.

Failure. Disappointment. Freak. You deserve the black eye. Just like Peter said you deserve the pain.

I let out a shaky breath as I rummaged through my suitcase to find my razor blade. I failed being clean for a week as I ran the blade over my arm.

I had four new cuts on my arm. It's my fault. I walked to the bathroom and looked in the mirror. I had a black eye forming, how lovely. I sighed as I tied my hair back. My eyes trailed down to my arms and I saw all my scars and my fresh cuts. I swiftly pulled my sleeve down.

I turn my phone on and check the time. 8:30, I have half an hour before my next class starts. I slowly leave the bathroom to see John walking into the dorm. He had his back turned to me, closing the door. He quickly turned around before I could do anything else.

"Alex?! What happened?!" He questioned, seeming shocked. "A guy in maroon punched me but it's nothing I can't handle." I signed to him. His eyebrows furrowed closer together as he scoffed. He's disappointed in me he's gonna hit me. I thought as I prepared to receive a blow from his fist, but he did something else.

"Jefferson is such a god damn bastard!" He growled. I looked at him with a confused look. He looks at me and sighs, apologizing. "Why are you sorry? You did nothing wrong. You weren't even there." I signed to him with a weak smile. He gave me a nod and smiled. "I am gonna go to my next lecture, I'll see you later." I signed before leaving the dorm.

~John~

I left from getting coffee and headed to the dorms. On the way I heard someone mention Jefferson punched someone, but the guy he punched threw Thomas over his shoulder.

I quietly walk into the dorm and close the door. I quickly turned around to go to my bed and made eye contact with Alex, who had a black eye. My eyes widened. "Alex?! What happened?!" I quickly asked him, concerned. "A guy in maroon punched me but it's nothing I can't handle." He signed, but I couldn't read his emotions to see what he was feeling or thinking about, but he was thinking about something. A guy in maroon.. Wait.

"Jefferson is such a god damn bastard!" I growled, angry that he punched Alexander. He looked at me confused. I sighed and apologized. "Why are you sorry? You did nothing wrong. You weren't even there." He signed, with a weak smile. Wait if he's he one who fought Jefferson, he was the one who threw Thomas over his shoulder.

I gave him a nod and smiled. "I am gonna go to my next lecture, I'll see you later." He signed to me, before leaving and heading to his next lecture. I couldn't stop thinking about how he was able to throw Thomas over his shoulder.

I shook my head and as I did caught a glimpse of his fully open suitcase. I wouldn't of thought anything of it, if it weren't for the fact that he didn't out anything up. That's odd.. I thought to myself.

I decided not to think anything of it and went to the bathroom to shower. As soon as I walked into the bathroom I caught a glimpse of a few small drops of blood on the counter. Okay, now thats really concerning.. but I continued to brush it off as I stepped into the shower.

Okay so I took an hour in the shower, because I can. When I got out of the shower I heard Alex come in the dorm. I was in the bathroom for a minute or 2 when I heard him use something that sounded like an inhaler.

I waited a few seconds before walking out of the bathroom to see him sitting on his bed typing something. I swear I've only known him for a day, but he writes nonstop like he's running out of time.

"You sure are nonstop when it comes to typing." I say, sitting down next to him. He gave a quiet chuckle. Oh god he was so cute. "Yup that's me. Alexander nonstop Hamilton." He signed with another silent chuckle.

"How many pages do you have?" I asked out of curiosity. "I only have 95 pages." He signed like it was nothing. My mouth gaped open in shock. "How long have you been typing?!" I questioned him. "Half an hour.." He signed.

"What the fuuu.." I silently say in shock. He gives me a sheepish smile. "Okay, lets asks some questions to get to know each other better." I say, with a smile. Alex returns the smile and slowly nods his head.

"M'kay.. what languages can you speak?" I ask to start it off. "English, French, and Spanish." He signed. I raised an eyebrow, wow he's full of surprises.

"Favorite animal?" He asked. I smiled and answered, "Turtles." He gives me another smile.

"Where are you from?" I asked. His whole attitude changed and became gloomy. I immediately regret asking and apologize. He gave a weak laugh. "..It's fine.." He hesitated before signing. I gave him a weak smile.

"Do.. do you want to talk about it..?" I silently ask. He shook his head. "It's fine, ya don't have to tell me if ya ain't ready." I said, my southern accent very slightly slipping out. He gave me a small smile.

A/N

I wrote my way out~

You can't stop me from making all the Hamilton quotes and references

~Madi