Chapter 21

I AM SO SORRY THIS TOOK SO LONG-

alright. all i gotta do is move the story forward, simple enough right? let's go.

Might be short? Sorry if it is!

Ohh, so like read with caution. I don't want to spoil, but this is not for sensitive souls-

Warning: not proof read!

Third Person POV

They weren't leaving for another two hours so they were sitting on the couch, watching office reruns while cuddling. Alex gently pulled himself closer to John, a quick and successful attempt at capturing his lips in his own.

When they finally let go because of this called oxygen, John was silently staring down at Alex. His pupils were fully dilated as he leaned down to press a soft kiss on Alex's forehead.

Alex gently giggled as he turned his head back towards the television. However, John didn't stop looking at Alex. He was captivated by his boyfriends beauty.

A few minutes later Alex looked back up at John and caught him staring at him. John didn't falter though, he genuinely loved his boyfriend and was admiring him as much as he could.

"What're you staring at pretty boy?" Alex huffed out a laugh.

"Staring at you, pretty boy." He swiftly responded, running his hand up and down Alex's back to hear his soft sigh as he relaxed more into John.

"You're so cheesy."

"Only for you!"

Alex playfully groaned, punching John's shoulder. John barked out a laugh has he slightly tightened his grip around Alex's waist.

"But can't I stare at my beautiful baby whenever I like?"

"Ah, see the keyword is beautiful. I have to say no because there is definitely no beauty here."

"What're you talking about? Everything about you is amazing."

Alex felt the heat rise on his cheeks and focused his attention back on the television. John softly laughed, moving a hand up to run it through Alex's soft hair.

"Aww, are you embarrassed about being called beautiful?"

Alex scoffed, "of course not."

"Sure," John dragged out the word and left a kiss on his forehead.

———— time skip ————

They both got up to get ready for their little date in the evening. John opened the door, pulling Alex out and closing it behind him.

"C'mon sugar, let's go!"

"Jesus John, calm down!" He laughed at him before walking with him at the same pace.

"Sorry, sorry! Just super excited, I'm taking the Alexander Hamilton out on a date!"

".. We've been dating for a few weeks and that's what gets you excited-?" he teased him.

John gently shoved him, "Oh shut up!"

———— time skip ————

The eventually arrived at the cafe, Alex walking quietly beside John. They ordered some coffee and sat down once they got it.

"So, I finally got you out of the dorms!" John laughed.

"Look at you, accomplishing the impossible!" Alex said in response, laughing as well.

"How's your work coming along?" John asked, knowing Alex has been working on some sort of essay for their history class.

"Pretty good actually, I'm close to finishing it." Alex smiled at him.

"That's good."

"I want to hear about something stupid you did when you were a child."

"Oh, so this one time on a family trip at like Disney world I thought it would be a great idea to lock all the doors and leave our keys in the room. Affectively locking us out."

"Okay, but what was going on through your mind to do that?" Alex laughed at him, John inevitably joining in.

"I honestly don't know!"

"You are a handful Johnny boy."

"Why thank you, my lovely Alexander!" John gave him a toothy grin.

Alex shook his head while still laughing. He couldn't deny that John made him incredibly happy and made him feel loved.

"What about you huh? What's something stupid you did as a child?"

"My brother and I once swam in a ocean full of oil. I don't actually know why, but when we got out we were covered head to toe in oil. As you would expect from swimming in oil."

John started wheezing right then and there, "What!?"

———— time skip ————

They finished up their date after an hour or so. They were walking out of the store and on the sidewalk. It was a peaceful day, the sky was a clear blue with no clouds in sight.

A loud gunshot rang through the streets and people started screaming. Alex looked at John confused before his eyesight started getting blurry and he fell into John. He looked down at his stomach which had a huge blood stain on it.

He owlishly blinked while looking down on it. His brain didn't register he had been shot and he was running high on adrenaline from well, being shot.

"Holy shit! Alex, Alex stay awake! Someone call an ambulance!"

The last thing Alex saw before he passed out was flashing lights and John's worried face looking down at him. He was saying something, but Alex couldn't hear anything through the ringing in his ears.

——————

Oh damn, I actually did something.

I am so sorry 💀

Let me know what you think, feedback is welcomed with open arms here!

I love you guys, gals, and non-binary pals! Stay safe ❤️