Chapter 10

Can't find the artist to this picture above, but it's amazing art and fit with a scene.
I'm back, thanks to my close friends helping me and my mental state.

John's POV

I pulled Alex into my arms, hugging him tightly. This precious boy had gone through so much and always acted like he was fine. He started violently shaking and sobbing into my shoulder, arms wrapped around my neck. I couldn't help but feel angry at some of the people who were in his life.

"Why didn't tell me sooner, Lex?" I asked, kissing his hair after. He inhaled, looking like he was thinking.

"I- um.. I was- scared.." He said with a clear Caribbean accent. I smiled and looked him in the eyes, kissing his nose.

"You won't have to be scared ever again, I promise. I'll always be here." I reassured him, softly kissing his lips. He smiled and buried his face in my chest, fingers gently gripping the front of my shirt.

I ran a hand through his soft hair, gently placing a kiss on the top of his head. This amazing and wonderful boy went through so much. I let out a sigh, lying down on the couch and stroking his back.

"I love ya John.." I heard Alex mumble into my chest. I smiled and kissed the top of his head again.

"I love you too Lex.." I felt him smile against my chest, causing me to smile as well.

Alex's POV

I spoke. I actually spoke full sentences. Was it a good thing I spoke though? I felt my heart start beating faster. I put my head against John's heartbeat, listening to it. I slowly calmed myself down and feel my eyes getting heavier.

I started waking up and felt a pair of arms wrapped around my waist. I opened my eyes to see Lafayette and Hercules standing on either side of the couch. I stand up and awkwardly wave. They started smirking. Lafayette pulled out his phone and showed me a picture they took (the one above). I felt my face burning.

John sat up and looked around the room, eyes landing on me. I offered a small smile and wave, shortly after gesturing to Laf and Herc.

He stood up and Herc handed him Laf's phone. He stared at the screen for a long while before looking up, a pink tint tainting his cheeks. However, he was wearing a large grin.

"You caught us, we're dating." He said, making my face heat up even more. Laf and Herc started acting like tween girls when their ship sails. John walks behind me and places his chin gently on head, wrapping his arms around my waist. I sighed in content and leaned into his chest, genuinely happy.

"So, what're ya doin' here?" John asked, having a slight southern draw (If I'm even slightly tired, I have a thick southern draw). I let out a small, airy laugh.

"We're 'ere to ask if you wanted to come to Angelica's sleepover?" Laf said, smiling with his thick French accent. Seems like all four of us have a certain accent, cool I guess?

"We'd love to, right?" John smiled at me. I nodded and smiled back.

"Great! Do you guys want to tell them about your relationship or are you going to do that?" Hercules asked.

"We'll tell them, see you tonight." John said, as they waked out and closed the door behind them.

"Why don't you talk to other people?" John asks. I still remember that night so vividly.

"Uh.. I don't think you want to know.. I don't like thinking of the last time I spoke." I quietly said, Caribbean accent very thick. I could feel John sigh.

"Could you tell me, please?" He gently asked, sitting down on the couch and pulling me into his lap.

"I remember being around 15/16ish years old. I had to live with my cousin, because he was the only family I had left. I don't know where my brother went or if he is even alive still, but it wouldn't of made much of a difference." I inhaled sharply as I readied myself to say what he did to make me stop talking.

"The last day I spoke was the day he first-" I caught myself and stopped myself from letting tears pour out.

"The day he first raped me.. he had me on the ground and told me to stop talking. And I did stop talking, but I never spoke again until recently..." I felt tears pooling in my eyes as I kept seeing it all over again.

"Hey, it's okay now. I'm here and won't let anybody hurt you ever again. You are safe." John reassured me, rocking back and forth slightly.

~~~~

John had long calmed me down and we now sat on the couch, snuggling.

"Do you want to go to Angelica's or are you not ready for that?" John asked, petting my head.

"No, I want to go." I said, a small smile on my lips.

--------

Guess who's back? Back again. Shady's back, tell a friend.

Okay, I am not in such a terrible mental state anymore thanks to my good friends.

Anyways, how'd you enjoy this chapter?

This gets better, so stick around. Sorry it was short, 881 words.

Love y'all,
Mads