Chapter 8

Alex's POV

I sat on my bed, sighing to myself as I thought about everything. I heard the front door open and a few people walk in, not sure how many but a few. I pulled out my laptop and pulled up google docs, typing rapidly about my past life in attempt to release stress.

Around 2,000 words in I felt someone tap my shoulder, prompting me to take out one of my earbuds. I looked up at John with a confused look.

"Do you want to come out of your room and hang out?" John asked, giving me a warm smile. I sigh and sit up.

"Fine I'll leave my comfortable bed to hang out." I sighed. John fist pumped the air and walked up to me. I was about to sign something and ask what he was doing, but before I could he picked me up by the waist and threw me over his shoulder. I let out a yelp in surprise as he walked out into the living room.

"I don't trust that you would've willing walked out." John laughed as he threw me on an empty couch. I huffed and crossed my arms in a fake annoyance. John sat down on the couch with me and Peggy snatched the remote from Eliza's grasp.

"What're we watchin'?" John asked as he watched Peggy scroll through rented movies.

"We are watching A Quiet Place (A personal favorite)" Peggy said. 

"Fun, a thriller!" I signed, wearing a half smile.

"I thought it was a horror movie?" Peggy questioned. I shook my head.

"It isn't really a horror movie, but more of a thriller based on jump scares and the silence." I explained.

"Yeah, you're right." Peggy agreed as she turned on the movie.

We turned off all the lights and watched as the main characters rummaged around the abandoned store. I felt an arm wrap around my shoulder and someone pull me closer to them. I look over at John and observe his behavior. He flinched when the creature snatched the boy and pulled me closer. I didn't mind this at all.

John's POV

I was fixated on the screen, observing each scene carefully to find out what was happening. At this point I was not aware of what I was doing and had gripped someone to the side of me, that someone was Alex. At one jump scare, I flinched and pulled Alex into my lap, wrapping my arms around him. Eliza and Angelica were huddled together and screamed every jump scare, minor or major. Mullette was on a singular chair, cuddling. Meggy was on the other side of the couch Alex and I were on.

Near the end of the movie I looked down at Alex who looked to be concentrating on the movie. I reached over and pulled a blanket over us.

"I don't like this movie!" Peggy screeched as we watched the blood covered hand smack against the shower door.

Alex stifled a laugh at Peggy's reaction to the minor scare. I fondly observed what Alex did and smiled at how adorable he was.

The movie ended and Maria stood up to turn on the lights. When she did, Peggy squealed so loud our ears started ringing.

"OH MY GOD! LOOK AT THEM TWO!" She shouted, pointing to Alex and me. I felt my face heat up and I saw Alex's face go beet red. Everyone freaked the fuck out and took pictures. Alex got out my lap.

"Shut the fuck up y'all." I grumbled. Everyone got up and left, leaving me and Alex in a silence.

"So.." Alex signed, seeming to be thinking of something. I sighed. Fuck it. I thought.

I grabbed Alex's chin and made him look up. I gently placed my lips on his, kissing him. He quickly returned the kiss. We pulled away for air and stared into each others eyes, pressing our foreheads together.

(This has nothing to do with the story, but I had to take five minutes since MCR came on with "I'm Not Okay" Alright back to the story)

"I love you.." I quietly said, holding him close to me. He smiled up at me.

"I love you too.." He signed, wearing a genuine smile that melted my heart. My smile turned into a large grin as I picked Alex up by the waist and spun him around.

Alex started to laugh, like a genuine laugh, causing me to laugh as well. It just felt like the perfect moment, like time froze and nothing else mattered. It was perfect. He is perfect.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Heyyyyyy

After 7 chapters, you finally have this in chapter 8 ;3

I love y'all,
Mads