Part 7

A/n: How do y'all feel about the new cover?
______________________

The next day, Leigh-Anne and Jesy resume their combat training. Lauren teaches Claud how to disassemble and assemble a gun, which he finds very interesting. Jade decided that she's had enough violence for the week, opting to lounge on the hammock back at camp. Perrie, who was anxious to know if Jade "had a crush for her", hovered near her during the morning.

"Ugh, I feel so sweaty." Jade suddenly exclaims, breaking the comfortable silence between them.

"We could go swimming?" Perrie suggested. She was hoping this would provide her with the opportunity to gauge Jade's feelings for her. Claud and Lauren looked up from their task.

"That sounds like fun!" Claudimar exclaimed, loosing interest in what Lauren was showing him and standing up.

"I'm down. Should we get Jes and Leigh-Anne?" Lauren asked, wondering if they should include the two love birds most likely professing their feelings to each other as the four talked.

"Nah, I don't want to walk into anything." Jade responded knowingly. Perrie was oblivious to what the other three were thinking.

"You do have the grace of a giraffe." She added, taking what Jade had said literally.

"What?" Jade laughed, then realizing Perrie had taken her literally, tried to explain. "I don't want to interrupt a moment they might be having. We think they have feelings for each other." Lauren and Claud exchanged an amused look as they watched their two friends. It was obvious what was felt between Jade and Perrie, just from how they looked at each other.

"Oh, Leigh Leigh has a crush for Jesy." Perrie nodded in understanding, surprised when Jade giggled at her.

"She has a crush on Jesy, you mean." Jade corrects, a grin breaking out on her face.

"So where can we go swimming?" Lauren asks, not wanting to watch whatever was going on anymore. Watching all her friends catch feelings for each other made her miss her Wife. She automatically placed her hand over the pocket where she kept a picture of her wife and son.

"There's a river with a waterfall in that direction," Jade replied, standing up and gathering some things. "Should we leave a note for Jesy and Leigh?"

"Yeah, I'll do it." Lauren stated.

Perrie could hardly contain her fidgeting.

__________________________

"Cannon Ball!" Claud shouted as he ran and jumped into the river. It was calm, and more like a large lagoon than a river. Perrie stood at the edge of the water, clad in her underwear like everyone else.

"Get in Perrie!" Lauren shouted from the water, she was floating on her back.

"Is it warm?" Perrie said softly to Jade, who stood beside her.

"Yeah." She replied after dipping her toe in.

"Are there fish in it?" Perrie asked, trying to peak into the water and see for herself.

"Probably, but they won't bite." Jade said with a chuckle.

"I don't care if they bite, I just don't want them to touch me."

"I thought you liked animals?" Jade asked, wading into the water slowly. She stopped once she got to her knees and turned around to face Perrie.

"I like cute animals, fish are not cute." Perrie replied while hugging herself with her arms. She had a cute pout on her face. Jade wanted to kiss it away.