Part 8

A/n: I'm doing something cruel in the next chapter :/

Everyone found out that Jesy and Leigh-Anne were tentatively an item during the next meal.

"How can you say it so causally?" Leigh-Anne asked after Jesy had decided to be blunt and spill. Everyone had been teasing them since they got back from their "combat training". Jesy couldn't take it anymore.

"I'd rather have it out in the open then be teased by this lot." she had replied, pointing an accusatory finger at their friends.

"Speaking of teasing," Lauren suddenly changed the subject. "What were you and Perrie talking about before the snake attack? It looked pretty serious." Lauren had the most mischievous smile across her face. Jade wanted to rip it right off as her own face turned red. She would have to accept the fact that Lauren would be passively cruel to her at whatever opportunity became available. Everyone's eyes snapped to Jade, and it didn't help that Perrie had yet again chosen to sit next to her.

"I was talking about my childhood." Perrie replied. Even though it was a lie, no one could tell. Jade only knew because she was there, and could never forget what they had talked about. The only real indicator was Jade's reaction to what Lauren had said, which seemed to be brushed off by her companions as they turned silent. Perrie saying that turned the mood to a tense and serious one, making everyone feel uncomfortable. Claud had gone on to change the subject to the food, which turned into the weather, and then more war stories from Jesy and Lauren.

Jade couldn't help but feel a tinge of jealousy from watching Jesy and Leigh interacting. During that meal they held hands. The next day they were very touchy-feely. Not once had Perrie tried to initiate any kind of physical contact since she asked to touch her at the waterfall. Jade was confused because of this and started to have doubts. Did Perrie change her mind after yesterday and not like her anymore? That wasn't likely the case; whenever Jade looked over at the blonde she was already looking at her. But then again, they had not had any one-on-one conversations since yesterday. Perrie hardly spoke at all. She mostly responded with one word answers or nothing at all. Jade wondered what was going on.

"Hey Perrie?" Jade questioned lowly. She had a bow in her hand and was learning how to use it. She found that it was the weapon she felt most comfortable with, and was actually a natural at using. Perrie stood to Jade's left, holding a pouch of arrows that Claud had found in the pod along with the bow.

Perrie only nodded back to Jade, signifying that she was listening. This didn't help the brunette feel any better.

"Have you uh," She paused, unable to keep Perrie's intense eye contact. She focused her attention on one of the trees in front of her and drew back an arrow. "Changed your mind about us?"

"What do you mean?" Perrie asked as Jade let her arrow fly. It barely missed her target but shot into the bushes a great distance behind it. Jade cursed under her breath. She took the arrow that Perrie handed her before she elaborated.

"Well, ever since yesterday... you've um, been acting strange." Jade tried to keep her voice steady but it faltered near the end. She suddenly realized that she didn't know if Perrie being silent was actually abnormal for her, remembering how she was at the beginning. But they knew each other now, so it should be different. Especially after yesterday.

"How do you mean?" Perrie asked with knit brows. Out of the corner of her eye Jade could see that the blonde was studying her. This made Jade even more nervous.

"Well I mean..." She trailed off, trying to think of how to put her thoughts together. She looked over at Leigh-Anne and Jesy and got an idea. "You know how after Jes and Leigh got together, they've been acting different towards each other?"