Part 17

She had never felt this way before.

Granted, there had been times when she was close. But those times were back in her childhood, before everything became awful. And what a feeling this was to experience. The warmth that spread through her insides calmed her racing heart almost to a standstill.

Crunch.

The metal box opened as if it were paper, breaking in her hands with minimum effort as she pried it open. She hopped to her feet, immediately covering her ears at the voices and alarms that sounded around her. Her senses were stronger, meaning every sound was amplified to the extreme, and she was just short of sensory overload.

Thunk. Snap. Crackle. Silence.

The handful of people in the room were looking at her in terrified wonderment. She could hear their hearts rapid rate, the oxygen they dragged into their lungs. She could even taste their fear without opening her mouth.

Before anyone could raise an alarm or a shout of protest she was on them, smashing in faces and breaking necks before they could even process. Only one shot was fired, lodging itself in Perrie's arm, which healed so quickly Perrie wondered if the bullet got stuck.

Surveying the bodies before her she realized a key issue; she was naked. I mean, a disguise would help her get out anyway? Even though this wasn't very logical seeing as almost everyone knew her face.

She took the scrubs from the nearest technician, smiling softly at the comfort they provided. She grabbed the jacked from the armed guard, along with his boots and weapons, slinging those over her shoulder.

The blonde looked curiously up at the vents wondering if she could crawl through. She wall jumped up to the camera in the corner, crushing it in her hands with a satisfied nod. The sound of approaching boots made up her mind, she leaped onto what was left of the box, pulling the vent cover off with ease. Then she pulled out an electric grenade from her belt, throwing it down into the room as the door opened. She smiled as the surprised yells reached her ears, army crawling through the ventilation system as fast as she could. With all of her memories reinstated it would be easy to reach the surface. This lab had been her home since conception, and she was taking advantage of every scrap of information previously trapped in her mind.

She paused as she looked up at the pathway before her, she would have to go vertical to reach the surface. The blonde's head tilted curiously as she weighed her options. Loud crackling sounds from five feet behind her made the decision for her. She punched into the metal, creating handholds for herself as she pulled herself with just her upper body strength.

Before she could break a sweat she was two floors higher. She listened carefully through the vent to distinguish if anyone else was there. Two people were typing up reports on... pigs? The loud oinks and snorts were coming from the room beside it. If she followed the electrical line on this level, she would make it to the main set of elevators. With a nod of her head Perrie kicked the nearby panel open much to the surprise of the researchers. By the time her boots touched the floor exactly six shots had been fired.

"One to the head. Two to the heart." She recited in her own mind as she passed their bodies. On her way down the hall she ripped open the door to the pig chamber, squealing with delight along with the pigs who, after realizing they were free, ran alongside her to the elevators.

"Code 77! Opalization compromised. Multiple khinzir have escaped containment!" The PA system announced, followed by the lights dimming and a blue light to blink on. Perrie and the Pigs charged forward in a crazed bloodbath of hoof and bullets, the blue light adding a demonic vibe by morphing their features into sinister dark shapes. For the guards that rushed to stop them, and the other staff trying to escape, it was an absolute terror fest. But for Perrie and the Pigs it was sweet, wonderful, holy revenge. Karma. The only blameless life forms were the pigs, who in fact were the only creatures capable of feeling sorry for the death around them.