Part 22

A/n: Merry Thanksgiving to anyone from Canada ((:

The lights were blinding as she swayed back and fourth, moving to the rhythm of whatever hit song was playing. With her movements fluid and smooth, an outsider wouldn't know she was absolutely shitfaced. Jade Thirlwall could hold her liquor. Not right now though, she could barely stay upright, and took advantage of the attractive stranger moving towards her.

"Hello gorgeous." They said, snaking their arms around Jade's waist. The brunette was elated. She couldn't remember why she was here but in the back of her mind she knew this was exactly what she needed. "Do you wanna get a drink and talk?" They asked. Jade could only nod, unable to form a logical sentence because of the fog clouding her brain. She does however register the powerful blue eyes that are watching her from the bar, they seem familiar in a way. A small shiver runs down her spine as their eyes connect, and she freezes for a second, only to feel a tug from the other stranger currently occupying her space.

They make there way to the VIP area, and the stranger directs Jade into the booth. She plops down onto the seat with a giggle, using the table to steady herself before she falls over.

"Maybe you don't need another drink." The stranger says in a soft tone. Jade's face instantly scrunches up as she waves her hands about.

"Psh, I'm fine!" She insists, resting her face in one hand. A devilish smile crosses over her lips. "Maybe you don't need another drink."

This causes the stranger to laugh, but it doesn't warm Jade on the inside the way she wants it to. There's just something missing that she can't place her finger on; the eyes. She's decided it's the eyes. They aren't blue.

"What do you want then?" The not blue eyed stranger asks, getting up to leave.

"Sssuh-prise me." Jade slurs, adding a wink at the end. She thinks it's classy but drunk Jade can't wink, which is accentuated by the strangers wholehearted giggles.

The brunette decides to people watch while she waits, finding it interesting how those blue eyes keep following her. Maybe she could bag two catches, though she'd really prefer the bombshell blonde at the bar. A smirk crossed Jade's face as the two strangers ended up next to each other, growing even more when they began to chat. She was just about to get up when all of the sudden, the blue eyed stranger seemingly knocked over their drinks, drenching her stranger in alcohol.

And her stranger was not happy.

The blue eyed one tried to apologize but stranger #1 was already on their way to the bathroom. And then her expression changed, and the thought startled Jade; she had done it on purpose. Even more startling was the fact that she was making her way over to Jade. She gulped loudly and the blue eyes softened, crinkling at the edges as if she had heard her. And then she was in front of her speaking so softly that Jade had to strain her ears to hear over the music.

"Hiya Jadey." She says breathlessly, her gaze seemed to shine as if she were holding back tears.

"Uh... hi?" The brunette responds with obvious confusion and crinkled brows.

"I'm here to take you home."

"Oh, that sounds lovely." She purrs, grabbing the hand stretched out to her. Once she's on her feet she wraps her arms around the blue eyed woman's neck, leaning most of her weight onto her as she leads her out. The blonde takes her weight like it's nothing, and she's practically carrying her. Once they're outside the stranger is almost clinging to her like she's afraid to let go, and the warm feeling grows in Jade's stomach. She realizes this is what she wanted, now if only it'll last.