Part 23

"Perrie?"

"Mhm." The blonde mumbled in response, burying her face farther into the crook of Jade's neck. Now that she was able to sleep she was taking full advantage of the soft bed, and her comfortable companion.

"Perrie." Jade tried again, wiggling out of the other girls arms to sit up. Perrie groaned loudly, pulling the blanket over her head to hide. But then Jade tried to take away the covers.

"Jeed no." She whined, using barely any effort to hold them in place.

With a loud sigh Jade decided to do one last thing; She stuck her cold feet under the covers. Perrie jumped up with a squeal, subsequently falling over the edge of the bed and taking the blankets with her.

"What the actual hell?" A perplexed Perrie asked from her spot on the floor, shooting daggers at Jade's feet as said girl laughed.

"I'm sorry," Jade apologized after she had finished laughing. Perrie's brows drew together as she watched the brunette's face fall, turning suddenly serious as she continued. "I just... I need to tell you something."

"What is it?" Perrie enquired, scrambling up and onto the bed as quickly as she could. The emotions radiating off of Jade were of concern to her, so she gently cradled the brunette's hand in hers to offer some comfort. Jade instantly squeezed her hand, one side of her mouth tugging up into a soft half smile.

"Well... it's about my father." She started and then stopped, hesitating for a few long moments as she tried to figure out how to say it. "A-And you."

Perrie's expression was blank as the words reached her, as if they had transported her somewhere else. But then the blonde was nodding her head, encouraging Jade to go on.

"I can hardly believe it," Jade suddenly said, still trying to process what she had found. "It just makes no sense."

"Jade, I love you, but please get to the point." Perrie interrupted, eyes widening once she realized what she said. "Wait no, I didn't mean— oh, well I do but I didn't mean to just say it. You probably don't—"

Jade crashed her lips into Perrie's, threading her fingers through blonde locks as she pulled her closer. Perrie herself was caught off guard and took a few seconds to catch up, but once she did it was electric. She ran her tongue along Jade's bottom lip, holding back unholy sounds as Jade let her explore. And then she was exploring the girls neck, trailing open mouthed kisses all the way to her pulse point. The brunette tugged her down, and Perrie went willingly, hovering above Jade with sparkling blue eyes.

"I... I love you too." Jade whispered breathlessly, playing with the baby hairs on the back of Perrie's neck. In response the blonde brought her lips back to Jade's. This kiss was softer and slower, as if they were both trying to relay their emotions through touch. Jade sighed when Perrie pulled away, shivering as the blondes hand gripped her bare leg and moved it over so that she was between the brunette's legs. But then she rested her head on Jade's chest laying over top of her.

"If we don't stop now, you'll never be able to say what you wanted to." Perrie groaned, her words vibrating through Jade's chest.

"Ugh!" Jade groaned in response, covering her face with her hands. She definitely wanted to forget what she had learned and consume everything that was Perrie instead. But it wouldn't be right if she didn't share what she knew.

"Darling?"

"Okay. I'll tell you." Jade relented with a sigh, running her fingers through blonde locks. "When I went to visit Jesy in the hospital, I overheard something strange." She took a breath, in and out, and then continued. "You see, Karl and my mum were talking about some things, and they alluded to a secret project my dad had been working on."